Thread: I Want To Make A Simple Game...

i have alot of free time and i also want to be a game developer too so i want to make a game like at www.newgrounds.com nothing special but fun to play...so what should i use?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i beleive most the games at newgrounds are flash games, so some flash programmign may be a start

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    look's like someone better learn flash. you will also need macromedia studio so check out the verifieds for that.

http://www.w3schools.com/flash/default.asp pretty good flash tutorial and the lessons that come with the app are pretty good as well.

not really the best thing to use if you wanna be come a serious game programmer but a start.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    of course its not a great but hey im only 12 so what can you expect? but im also wondering what program can you use to create 3D logos? or mayb characters for my game...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    xara 3d is pretty simple, there is a hash in verifieds. http://www.xara.com

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Visual Basic is pretty good for making simple games.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    chalkmongoose
    Some maniacs like to program with C++, and in truth they have a point. Once you learn that, your set for a good long while

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    C++ iz da shiznitz and visual basic is easy but you pick up bad programming habits...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    what C++? i know of visual basic already, i might try it...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    TdaDuckie
    Just get the Macromedia MX Studio somehow. Just download it off kazaa i think there is a real version of it up at the moment. That contains pretty much everything u need. 3d logos? and characters? Hmm like the guy said above xara 3d. Or if u have seen xioa xioa flash movies , he uses a program called swift 3d which can also be found on kazaa.