Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should 56k Users Share "exclusive Copy" Movies?

To ehnoismemu what is the file your mate is wanting to share (I would go ahead and share because new and rare stuff usually gets pretty bad speeds anyway)

To mogadishu Sorry to hear it took / taking so long for Dog Soldiers, I have downloaded twice (because pc crashed and had to clean it up ) and both times got in at least a day or 2, here is link and I am sharing

[dohtml]

Dog.Soldiers.LIMITED.DiVX-DiAMOND.avi

[/dohtml]

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    This topic is a tough 1, 2 call..

When i had my 56k i would try and download movies , DVD Rips, TMD Movies i must have bin a right pain in the ass 2 folk with good speeds..

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Poster
    actually i was just thinking about the possibility of that happening, i mean, of somebody having a rare file around 700mb and a 56k connection.
    but soon i will get a dvd-rip called CITY OF GOD (CIDADE DE DEUS), it's a brazilian movie, a real good one, it almost won the oscar for best foreign movie, but it didn't.
    i'll post the hashes, if there's none already.
    btw, it's a 1.4gb movie, and yes, i AM a 56k user.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    I'm on dialup so I try not to be cruel by have large unique files to share-1 of a kind,usually if it's something I share that's not on here it's under 2megs-cracks I found somewhere or small games like Spheres of Chaos-under 900k w/crack.
    If movies I try to share something that's already on here maybe not so popular but agood movie in general.
    "Specs"
    CPU:High,some say I'm a legend in My own mind.
    Update! Overclocked - Achieved Demi God statis.
    Ram:If she's ready, so am I.
    Hard drive:Ready for access,larger than average.
    Bus speed:Not as fast as My truck.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    I think city of god was on bittorrent a while back. Might still be active..?
    Worth a shot.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Alucard1475's Avatar Poster
    i can never get mirc to resume my partially downloaded file. it always says " requestion resume" and then "connection fail"
    Does not happen to me.

I am a 56k user and currently I&#39;m downloading the game "Black Hawk Down" from mIRC and the download resumes every time I connect.

6 days to go, in the 8 hours I&#39;m on the net or 50h

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by ehnoismemu@15 July 2003 - 03:45
    so a 56k user finally got that rare DVD from his friend and encoded it to divx, svcd, or whatever. it&#39;s a 700 mb file and nobody else has exactly that file, &#39;cause he himself encoded it with his customized settings, etc, etc, etc.
    is it worth to share that file, i mean, if somebody tries to download it, that will take something like 50 ~ 60 hours -- actually, nobody will download it. so, for very rare files, is the sharing network made of only broadband users?
    It is hard for 56k&#39;ers to share exclusive files and not really worth it in the long run.Just get broadband or cable if it is in your area,the extra cash is well worth paying.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Originally posted by kazaaliterock@15 July 2003 - 07:29
    it always says " requestion resume" and then "connection fail"
    Do you have your DCC options set to auto except incoming DCC&#39;s? If not you have to manually accept them, if you don&#39;t within 150 seconds your connection times out.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    iamtheoneandonlyone's Avatar Andromeda Ascendant
    They&#39;d better. The more copies of movies the merrier.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    I dont know why you wouldn&#39;t download movies it dosent take 6 day&#39;s. I have a 56k and downloaded matrix reloaded, whitch is around 800mb, in only 3 days. Normaly i get the TMD version witch take 1 1/2 days.

so a 56k user finally got that rare DVD from his friend and encoded it to divx, svcd, or whatever. it&#39;s a 700 mb file and nobody else has exactly that file, &#39;cause he himself encoded it with his customized settings, etc, etc, etc.
    is it worth to share that file, i mean, if somebody tries to download it, that will take something like 50 ~ 60 hours -- actually, nobody will download it. so, for very rare files, is the sharing network made of only broadband users?
    Yeah someone is bound to download it lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast