Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trent Reznor: Take my music, please

Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    "Rocker Trent Reznor says he doesn't pretend to know the answers to what ails the music industry."

"But that hasn't stopped the iconoclastic front man for the band Nine Inch Nails from marching to the front lines--in lock step with British band Radiohead--in an assault on the traditional music business.

In an interview Tuesday with CNET News.com, Reznor, who made news earlier this month when he left his record label, bashed the music industry, detailed how he persuaded performer Saul Williams to give way his latest album for free, praised Radiohead for distributing music directly to fans via the Web and indicated that instead of fighting the so-called free culture--people who share music online--he plans to embrace it.

"Personally, I would like people to support artists," Reznor said. "After all, we as artists dedicate our lives to producing the best music we can. It's been a painful process for me personally (to see the changes in the music industry). But should I be angry at the audience that wants to hear music so much, an audience that is so passionate about hearing it they go online to get it two weeks before the music debuts? No, I want them to be that way."

Reznor has become a revolutionary figure to the file-sharing community. A video appeared recently at YouTube that showed him during a concert performance lamenting the high prices of CDs. Fans whooped it up when Reznor told them to go ahead and steal his music."

Source: C|Net NewsBlog
    View: Nine Inch Nails Frontman Was a Member of OiNK
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 11-02-2007 at 02:04 AM.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    All Hail!
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    DooMeD68's Avatar Domain Of Sutekh
    What A Man !! :d:d:d

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    A true artist. Not a business man or in it for the money. Kudos!
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by psxcite View Post
    A true artist. Not a business man or in it for the money. Kudos!
    ditto

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Or someone who clearly sees the future, and what is wrong with the present.

This all goes back to the OiNK scenario, whereby what OiNK was doing was illegal, but that they filled a gap in the market that the industry could not do in it's present guise.

People want to listen to music now, not tomorrow, and the industry has to realise that if they don't cater to the people, someone else (OiNK) will.

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    Trent is a God. I steal his music and pay for it. He is one of the very few artists I will support by actually purchasing his work.

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    bow down before the one you serve,
    you're going to get what you deserve!

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    shosh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    now he says to steal his music.

back in the days of napster, i remembered him going against filesharing and siding with metallica

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by shosh View Post
    now he says to steal his music.

back in the days of napster, i remembered him going against filesharing and siding with metallica
    He was doped up back then. We all did/do crazy shit when under the influence.

When I lived in Seattle I woke up one morning in the corner of a parking ramp with a bowl of salad no more than 2 feet from me and a black cape wrapped around my neck. I had the taste of dead hookers and possum meat in my mouth. It was something to remember...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast