Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trent Reznor comments on OiNK

sexydingo's Avatar ☆Trance Addict☆ BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8

Heart

Anyone see this yet? Pretty cool. I think I'm now an even bigger fan of Trent Reznor, if that were possible.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment..._williams.html

What do you think about OiNK being shut down?
    Trent: I'll admit I had an account there and frequented it quite often. At the end of the day, what made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store. Pretty much anything you could ever imagine, it was there, and it was there in the format you wanted. If OiNK cost anything, I would certainly have paid, but there isn't the equivalent of that in the retail space right now. iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc. Amazon has potential, but none of them get around the issue of pre-release leaks. And that's what's such a difficult puzzle at the moment. If your favorite band in the world has a leaked record out, do you listen to it or do you not listen to it? People on those boards, they're grateful for the person that uploaded it — they're the hero. They're not stealing it because they're going to make money off of it; they're stealing it because they love the band. I'm not saying that I think OiNK is morally correct, but I do know that it existed because it filled a void of what people want.
    Last edited by sexydingo; 10-31-2007 at 04:09 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    That IS really cool.
    I love when musicians support stuff like this.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    dnero73's Avatar Poster
    he has a pretty cool attitude about filesharing

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    sexydingo's Avatar ☆Trance Addict☆ BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    How much did you guys pay for the new Radiohead album?

Saul: I paid $7, which is like, what, fourteen pounds? No, wait, that's like three pounds!

Trent: I bought the physical one, so I spent a whopping $80. [Pauses.] But, then I re-bought it and paid $5,000, because I really felt that I need to support the arts, so people could follow in my footsteps.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    awoeonip's Avatar Need a light? BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Times like these make me wish that we had the oink database.

I want to know who invited him!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    You would be surprised how many artists frequented Oink. I'm a sound engineer and I personally know quite a few that had accounts. Many will publicly state they don't agree with filesharing because their record company would freak otherwise.

But in end, it's all about sharing your sound with people. And Oink did this - and they loved it.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    the question in my mind is were any of his albums ever leaked to the site and was it him who leaked them?

or any of the other artists' and thier music

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    hail,hail trent

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Robbie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    great guy that trent !

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    pnmgomes's Avatar <<::Addicted::>> BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    That's why Nine Inch Nails Music is so Great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast