Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: For the love of god. Stop making new mp3 sites!

Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    The one thing im sure of, is that all the wannabe oink trackers are only destroying the one thing everyone wants.. which is a new Oink.

Why is its so frecking important to run or be a mod at a site?

When there have already been opened 5 Wannabe oink sites, is it really need to open a 6īth,7īth and a 8īth ?
    Stupid kids that needs to be in charge to increase their e-penis..
    For every site that opens the possibility of someone to be able to gather enough members to actually become the next oink decreases.

So you end up with a dozen different sites with 5k members. instead of 1 with 100k.
    And with all the different sites the users have no idea what site to put their effort into.
    Lets face it, Making torrents of a 100gb mp3 collection is a boring and time consuming job. And no one wants to make it twice. So alot of users with HUGE collections are just sitting there, and waiting for someone to take the lead so they know were to put their valuable time into.

Further more the people that have been dealing with torrentsites for a wile know all about overhyped trackers. We have seen way to many rise and then just vanish whit in 3 months.
    Becouse the kids that decide to start them think its going to be a walk in the park. And have no idea how much work that actually required to run a site. And they chose the wrong people to run it with.. Ending up with internal drama. were someone how have spend days coding feeling unappreciated, then get pissed and run of with the entire database.
    There is just way to much that can go wrong if you dont know what you are doing..

So Im asking you, Why do you need to run your own site?
    Aint it more important to get a new site with everything you want on it? Content was the thing that made oink what it was. So what you are doing is only making sure that we are never getting a site like that again.

So im begging you, stop making all the half ass sites that are just thrown up in a few hours, then promoting them 100gb to what ever.

For every site that opens the possibility of a new oink decreases. And if you have no idea what you are doing your site is prolly going to shut down in a few months anyway, so why spend all you valuable time on this. When you can just join a site then go out and have fun with friends.

Edit: tyop which chillincool was so nice to point out
    Last edited by Cheffy; 11-02-2007 at 02:06 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    chillincool's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheffy View Post
    Witch is a new Oink.
    Didn't read past your spelling which as witch.
    "They were cheap masks locked on festering thoughts--voices gabbling to drown out the loud silence in every breast."

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    sexydingo's Avatar ☆Trance Addict☆ BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I thought most of the old OiNK admins scattered to some of these new sites? Really though, its between what.cd and waffles.fm for a suitable replacement as far as I'm concerned thats just fine with me. I have no problem being a member of both RevTT and TL. Why should it be any different for a music tracker :\

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Trackers with 100k memberships are not going to be around much longer I believe. Your going to have a bunch of small-medium sized trackers. Once you get to 50k+ it's just as "secure" as a public tracker. People seem to be getting more and more paranoid about such things.

<-

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo0ddha View Post
    Trackers with 100k memberships are not going to be around much longer I believe. Your going to have a bunch of small-medium sized trackers. Once you get to 50k+ it's just as "secure" as a public tracker. People seem to be getting more and more paranoid about such things.
    Actually valid point you are making there. When we see what happened to Oink i guess they are correct to be paranoid
    But i am 100% sure that they feds are already on all the new trackers.

And sexydingo you also make some valid remarks, And to be honest i have more faith in waffels, since they actually took their time in making the tracker. It was not lets just make a tracker as soon as humanly possible.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    freedom's Avatar Kizuna ^^ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    who wanna make with me a new moo site ?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by freesky View Post
    i will! lets make it filled with music

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Remi's Avatar Mr. Remi to you!! BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    stmusic.org all the way.

Has more users and torrents than both combined.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by freesky View Post
    moo

Quote Originally Posted by chillincool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheffy View Post
    Witch is a new Oink.
    Didn't read past your spelling which as witch.
    fnuny how smoe poelpe jsut are looikng for smoe msiatke to keep ohter dwon.

ulnses you are jkonig, tihs ani't no garmamr froum so IT DEOS NOT MTAETR! as lgog as it's udnrestbale. If you can raed it, taht's good eonguh...mvoe on.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 11-02-2007 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast