Thread: Having problem with TL tracker port

lingo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Hello fellas,

I can't download anything from TorrentLeech because my ISP has blocked the port 2710. This is also valid for Pedro's since they use the same port.

I want to know that if changing the tracker port is possible. At ScT, a user has the option to use an alternative tracker port (see below). Since there isn't such an option at the TL user profile, I thought someone can enlighten me about this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ScT
    Proxy: Use alternate tracker port
    Check this if you are having trouble with a transparent proxy
    server that is causing problems with your torrent client.
    Cheers...
    army now... //

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    lingo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Anyone? :/
    army now... //

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Just use a different port in your client, then forward that new port on your router. There is not just 1 port sites use, you can use any port. Pedros gives you a range to choose your port from, and TL does not seem to care what port you use really.... Either way, theres plenty of port numbers to choose from so just pick a new port if they are blocking your current one!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I guess I was unable to state my problem correctly. During the dowload a file, when I look at the torrent details; I see this:

hxxp://tracker.torrentleech.org:2710/a/xxxxxx/announce

This is where I am having a problem. Even if I change my port for incoming connections, the port 2710 in the url will not change.

My ISP is the university ISP and I cannot be connectable because we don't use a modem/router. Is there any way to deal with this problem?
    army now... //