View Poll Results: Hasta La

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like Vista

8 25.00%
  • I hate Vista so went back to XP

8 25.00%
  • I hate Vista & will stay with it, upgrades hope.

3 9.38%
  • I like Vista but can not use it.

0 0%
  • Vista converted me to Mac/Linux

1 3.13%
  • I like some parts of Vista & am considering alternatives

4 12.50%
  • It does the job

4 12.50%
  • after some tweaking it works

6 18.75%
  • UAC saved my life.

0 0%
  • It is safe

1 3.13%
  • resource hog?

8 25.00%
  • other

1 3.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those of you whom have "used" Vista

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Poll in process

Linux fans back off. i am not ready yet...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Allexandar's Avatar ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I like Vista & after some tweaking it works just fine!

I had some problems with: Tv card,3ds max,archicad,alcohol,firewall,miranda,foobar... etc,but after some "tweaking"(and update turned on) it works just fine!

Goodbye XP!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I like some parts of Vista & am considering alternatives

I do like it, and it brings fixes to many of the problems I had with XP. However, it is still windows, and still a resource-hogging sloth of an OS. I gave ubuntu a test run a few weeks ago with some problems (which is to be expected when migrating to a new OS), and went back to vista. But after working with it more and more and seeing the rapid degradation of performance (despite regular maintenance and system tweaks), I have decided to make the transition back to ubuntu. It will be a pain in the ass because I will have to format all of my ntfs drives, but I will manage.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I tried Vista (both 32 &64 bit versions of Ultimate...) and after the initial oohs and aahhs decided it just sucked.
    I had high enough levels of hardware that I could run it with no issues (I am not going to jump on the "resource hog" bandwagon- after all, I bought the stuff so it could be used) but the changes from XP seemed increasingly arbitrary and needlessly intrusive.
    I had UAC turned off within 10 minutes...

Now triple booting XP Pro (32 & 64 bit) and Ubuntu (v.7.10).
    Completely lost in linux so far but that was expected so it doesn't bother me like Vista's eccentricities did.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100

My parents just bought a new laptop (Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM Intel GMA) a few months ago, and it came with Vista pre-installed in it... It's slow, especially when I started installing softwares (KAV, Office 2007, Nero, Photoshop, etc.) in it and when I tried enabling its Aero 3D effects, which sucks... I just got sick of it and got sick of Windows' vulnerability when it comes to security. So, I reformatted my parents' laptop and installed Ubuntu in it and everything has been smooth ever since.

As we all know, Linux is all about security and you almost don't have to worry about viruses... It's much faster compared to any version of Windows... Also, it has a great file system and you never have to defragment your hard drive... It's also fully customizable and you can make it look like almost anything you want it too, and you can even have a 3D desktop environment with Beryl/Compiz (click here for the video)... And the best thing about Linux is that it's FREE and you don't need a new/fast computer to run it... It also runs flawlessly in my girlfriend's old Pentium III desktop and my Pentium M laptop and I don't think I'll ever going back to Windows again.

Last edited by fstrulz; 11-02-2007 at 11:21 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    I hate it. it's slow and it eats memory like an endless pit.. and those annoying warnings for everything. just hate it.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I did at least try it but prefer XP .

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    I got a free copy of Vista Ultimate from MS, so I gave it a shot. First legit OS I've owned in years.

On the computer I was using - Pentium D 820, 1 GB DDR1 400, ATI x1950pro - it sucked. It was slow, and hogged almost all of my RAM.

On my new built - C2D E6600, 2GB DDR2 800, ATI x1950pro - Vista flies. It's actually faster than XP.

So...
    If your system is under powered you're gonna hate Vista. If you've got power to spare Vista is great. MS tried to push the bar a little bit, and many people hardware isn't up to the task yet. I see it being another year or two before Vista gets wide spread acceptances by most people.

BTW...
    I hate pimping sites but club.live.com is where I got my free copy of Vista Ultimate (and a zune, lol). When that site first opened there was a lot of cheating going on and well... I had as much fun as anyone. MS runs the site and they are good at spotting cheaters now. But, if you can stand playing sucky flash games though you can still get some good prizes for free. They don't have Vista Ultimate anymore but they do have Vista Home Premium and a really, really nice keyboard and mouse set (blue tooth) that I would love to get.
    Last edited by Broken; 11-04-2007 at 03:40 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I am running Vista Ultimate and I love it.
    To each his own I guess.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    dnero73's Avatar Poster
    i tride it but my hardware was not up to par maybe after christmas i will set up a better machine and i can test it out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast