Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Games Sharpen The Senses

We knew it.  You knew it.  But only now are researchers at the University of Rochester in New York beginning to realize that gamers demonstrate enhanced visual skills compared with non-gamers, including faster object recognition and greater attention over a wider visual field.  The abstract, first reported in Nature, showed that even non-videogamers demonstrated improved visual skills after just 10 hours playing Medal of Honor. Ha!
    Ahahaha...

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    I.....cant see whats funny

3. Games   -   #3
    i dont get it.................................................................................................

4. Games   -   #4
    I thaink he means that gamers can react faster and can see thinks better then your average person

Then again He might be nuts no telling
    I have Mordens Audio Hack PLEZ stop emailing me

5. Games   -   #5
    Na, it's because everyone keeps saying playing games is bad and that they are unhealthy lol.

6. Games   -   #6
    So whats the whole point of making this topic

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    basically it states that poeple who play video games that take faster reaction and u have to look hard to see enemies (I.E Ghost Recon Unreal 2 MOH Half Life) will make ur reactions to stuff quicker and make ur eye site be able to disiguish things quicker like if ur in a crowd and ur looking for someone u'll most likly pick them out quicker then somenone who doesn;t play games as much. thats why the Us Army now uses a Simulation game during the early stages of Training.

8. Games   -   #8
    To lol. Plus i was barely awake...

9. Games   -   #9

10. Games   -   #10
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Well, it may be, but that doesn't make it any less true.. even kiddy platformers will improve hand/eye co-ordination... that's becoming a commonly recognized fact.. the more parents that know this the better, imho.. not all kids like football, cricket or baseball, so videogames make an excellent alternative...

Any parent worried about thier child not getting enough fresh air or exercise could just buy the kid a bike as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast