Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paine speaks out about waffles.fm

http://tehpaine.blogspot.com/2007/11...time-here.html

Wow interesting, Paine does not think of it highly.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    RIFKinator's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Why am I not surprised? Many people don't like waffles.fm... Sure it's not as good as OiNK but it's still awesome because it has music we all like

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    yeah but why even bother with it? There is still what.cd and stm. I think 2 is a good start to a hydra. Waffles just seems so unorganized and run by idiots.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    WhoopDeDoo's Avatar Cutie <3 BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Eh, I'd like to get in before I say wether I agree/disagree. Everyone has some bad sides.
    Last edited by WhoopDeDoo; 11-07-2007 at 08:48 PM.

Music lover, baby.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    sexydingo's Avatar ☆Trance Addict☆ BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    So far I'm liking what.cd more, but I'd still say its a bit early to say for sure. We'll see how things pan out.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    That was pretty brutal, lol.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    LackOfInterest's Avatar O_o BT Rep: +2
    Wow +1 for paine for that one

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    It Means Go To What.cd Guys!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    misledhope's Avatar What.cd Mod BT Rep: +3
    i certainly will not shun waffles just because of paines opinion but i had already been using what as my primary and waffles secondary (tracker not community) and i will just continue that. An admin was nice enough to invite me to waffles so i'm not going to just discard it as trash besides its always better to have multiple sources incase of the almost inevitable happening to one or 2 of them.

If you only plan on using one i'd suggest what, but if you can use both whats the harm support both trackers, the coders did work hard on them both and they both deserve our respect i don't see anyone else doing this for the community.

Cheers what and waffles. Live long.. and prosper

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I'm sure everyone thinks of Paine as a God since he was staff at OiNK, but hes just a guy... just like anyone else who would say their opinion, except they would get ignored and shunned for saying such a thing.

Waffles is great, I like it more than What.cd. But, then again I like all the music sites. Waffles is my go-to, and it does feel OiNK-y just a little bit, you can check the first browse page every 5 minutes and have a new cd uploaded in the genre you're looking through.

I think both sites have great potential and it seems they will both do well.

I think the smaller sites (Libble, FunkyTorrents, etc) will stay nice little communities just like they always were and always were content with being. I don't think there's much comparison between them and the two big sites really..

Anyone else wonder why Paine was getting so upset over the situation?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast