Thread: Problems With Mp3's And Some Movies.

emericanchaos
    i recently upgraded my sound card to an m-audio revolution. now when i play certain mp3's it till get about 20 seconds into it and it will have this god awful scrambled noise.

is it possibly a DMA buffer issue as i never had this with my live 5.1 or audigy.

with movies, i'll download a 300MB movie and i goto play it and it will only play the first 45 seconds. if i skip ahead it will play a part that's alot further along but if i just let it play through it will stop prematurely.

i use wmp9 for all my media. with the movie issue i tried quicktime and even adobe premier. still can't figure out what's going on. my drive is defragged and scandisk shows no errors.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Originally posted by emericanchaos@15 July 2003 - 21:29
    i recently upgraded my sound card to an m-audio revolution. now when i play certain mp3's it till get about 20 seconds into it and it will have this god awful scrambled noise.

Get the same prob with mp3's !!!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    It's likely riaa tricks. Be carefull what you download. I(f it's just new stuff then it's been played with. If it's all your music, then try clearing out all the registry entrys for the media player and reinstall it.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I just get it on new stuff !!!