Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: uTorrent Provacy issue

Bunnies on Fiber!
    blahblahblahmpaablahblahblahblah*sigh* here we go again....

the reason why some versions of the µt 1.7 family are banned on private trackers is because there whr some bugs in it which caused faulty stats reporting and some more minor crap (read the µt forums and such)

the developers of µtorrent are busy day in day out on maintaining the leading place fo µtorrent if it comes to simplicity, user friendlyness and resource friendlyness of µt,

the only reason how they ever got so popular as a client in the furst place is because they are a trusty and nifty little program that is as advanced as a swiss army knife , yet still as small and lightweight as a piece of paper

so , do you really have so much faith in your beloved torrentclient that you think they would waste their good reputation all because of the fact that bram cohen (the creator of the bittorrent protocol) bought the program to save it from kazaalike soap operettes?

i'm sorry... regroup esports bought nnscript... does this means that nnscript now is all dead? and that you will get a zillions of popups while using it ?

nop. its still good ole nnscript that gives millions of people access to iRC day in day out

and the same goes fo µtorrent

Kind Regards,

Claudandus

a Former Azureus user :-)

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    LaPistola's Avatar about BT Rep: +2
    I'm with 1.7 only for vista compatibility. Good points , and very informative claudandus, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    I don't know about the north but in the south an Englishman is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Ćnima's Avatar 2 in 1 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJo View Post
    Are you cent percent sure?
    I am! Peerguardian can potentially block Bittorrent, Inc., and ... they never ping me! If don't even ping me, how can I send them data concerning what files I download and upload!? Utter nonsense!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I always make sure I am wearing my tin foil hat when using utorrent 1.7.5

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    I have decided to stay back with 1.6.1. I just don't like to take chances. I am also planning to use the inbuilt ip filtering feature of uTorrent rather than PG as PG slows uTorrent down being an external application.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    LinkS v2.0's Avatar LinkS BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Doesnt matter if most of you guys switch back to 1.6.1 as long as one peer in the swarm has the new utorrent version itcould give out the info of everyone else

in that sense were all fucked

Last edited by LinkS v2.0; 11-11-2007 at 05:35 AM.
    Mr Angry

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    snowtigers blocks 1.6.1

i dont know why, and it sucks
    Go Leafs Go.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    So I think there is no other way but to be back to 1.6. :?:

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    birney29's Avatar proud salfordian :D BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    best bet is too just stick with 1.6.1 thats what i did i never updated

not a anti-trader just dont like trading
    found pisexy from my good friend D3LBOY

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    There is no security risk with v1.7+. one of the uTorrent programmers is even an admin on a popular private tracker.
    if you think there is a security risk, you're a huge idiot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast