Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: uTorrent Provacy issue

Urgent

Hello

Is there 'really' any privacy issue associated with uTorrent ver 1.7 and beyond? I have read in some forums that after being sold to BitTorrent, uTorrent later versions (after 1.6) can be used to spy on the downloads and uploads of the peer. All these are really true or just rumors by privacy paranoids?

Thank you.
    Last edited by AverageJo; 11-11-2007 at 06:30 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    no there is no proof of something like that..and yes its all paranoids.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ADELA's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJo View Post
    Hello

Is there 'really' any privacy issue associated with uTorrent ver 1.7 and beyond? I have read in some forums that after being sold to BitTorrent, uTorrent later versions (after 1.6) can be used to spy on the downloads and uploads of the peer. All these are really true or just rumors by privacy paranoids?

Thank you.

its misinfomation
    Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    (....God also used OINK..)

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Are you cent percent sure? Then why some trackers block uTorrent 1.7 onwards?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    I you are worried you can always go back to an earlier version from filehippo. I myself have went back to 1.6 just in case, a little paranoia never hurt imo

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Retired...... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    utorrent 1.6.1 is The Best

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    misledhope's Avatar What.cd Mod BT Rep: +3
    if you don't need to use a newer version there is no reason to. stick with the 1.6/.1 series.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I was told anything after build 490 has this problem i have no idea if it is true

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    there's no "spying" - well at least it hasn't been proven

i personally don't use it coz i don't like what its become and who its affiliated with

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Is there any real functional changes in the Newer 1.7 series that the 1.6/1.6.1 do not have?

I think that I shall revert back, but not sure exactly which one I should revert to. There are so many Build numbers, it is little confusing. :?:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast