Thread: WTF, mate? (javascript malfunction in bitme!)

Ænima's Avatar 2 in 1 BT Rep: +1

so i checked the source code and that box with the torrent subfolder sections is in javascript. i have javascript enabled in my firefox (well, Bon Echo x64) browser.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    GoLDeN's Avatar Black'n'White BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    donn know ask in their forum
    When You Trade You Don't Only Risk Your Account And The Site Security But You Show A Great DisRespects To The Site Staff And Members
    Screw Traders

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It's not javascript. I have JS disabled and the images load fine.
    Firefox however has been known to be extremely weird with images. The one my missus used would load up banners from all the wrong sites, and replace category images with smilies.
    Try disabling plugins one by one, and if that doesn't help do a complete reinstall of firefox.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    A bit offtopic, but is there a way to save our bookmarks in firefox when we re-install it. I found a file somewhere in the installed folder before i re-installed it last time, but don't know how i can add it to my present bookmarks. Is there a way?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Ænima's Avatar 2 in 1 BT Rep: +1
    thanks guys, i just reinstalled firefox lol. works now.

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter View Post
    A bit offtopic, but is there a way to save our bookmarks in firefox when we re-install it. I found a file somewhere in the installed folder before i re-installed it last time, but don't know how i can add it to my present bookmarks. Is there a way?
    de.licio.us is the way.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Ænima View Post

de.licio.us is the way.

Actually, it's not the way, since some people inadvertently save the URLs to private sites for all the world to see.

In FireFox, if you click on the Bookmarks menu, then select Organise Bookmarks from the drop down list, you will get the Bookmark Manager, which allows you to export and import bookmarks. Just export the bookmarks to a file, then when you need them again, load the Bookmark Manager and import them.

For IE, bookmarks are stored as favourites, in the favourites folder...

C:\Documents and Settings\**YourName**\Favorites

(where **YourName** is your windows login name)

All you need to do here is to save those files to another location (even zipping them onto a floppy or CD).

Just remember that de.licio.us uses the URLs you submit to form a picture of yours, and others, surfing habits, and while storing the MSN or google URL won't be an issue, storing the private URLs of torrent sites is. Besides, anyone stupid enough to store the URL of a private community on a public server deserves to have their account disabled.