Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: !! Downloading Files from Seedbox DOUBT !!

Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45

Arrow

Hey guys,

I am trying to download some files from ftp (seedbox), but its way to slow even on my 2Mbps connection. So i should be getting around 240+ KB/s. I thought that with private FTP i would be getting full speed, but i dunno i might be missing something.

I am using software "FlashFXP" to download from a ftp. My speeds dont cross 90KB/s

Any ideas how can i tweak it to get the best ?

Thanx..
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    why the hell is this in the BT section ?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well its related to BT...I am trying to download form seedbox...so i thought may be this was right section..NO ?

Besides we discuss many seedbox related issues here
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Mayhem's Avatar 70|2|23|\|73|2 BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    when i had a box i had the same problem, this is because you are connecting through SFTP. I found that for some reason cuteftp improves the speed but not by much.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Thanx will try Cuteftp and will post if theres some improvement..

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    Saroman you are probably seeding with your home connection as well..
    And the more you upload on your home connection the slower it will go to download.
    So try limiting your upload speed when you are downloading.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Mayhem's Avatar 70|2|23|\|73|2 BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    also in order to bypass the SSH, you can use the utorrent on your box as a tracker.
    Just create a torrent there with the files you want, and download it to your home PC like from any other tracker.
    Though it is a little long but should work @ max speed.
    Here is how:http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#Does...ded_tracker.3F

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well i'm using BulletProof to MAKE the ftp, and IDM to download from the ftp, and i got FULL speed (400 kb/s)

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    I got the same problem but some trackers luckily allow you to leech from two IPs so leech fom home and leech/seed from shell

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheffy View Post
    Saroman you are probably seeding with your home connection as well..
    And the more you upload on your home connection the slower it will go to download.
    So try limiting your upload speed when you are downloading.
    No i am not seeding or leeching through home connection. Only transfering files from seedbox atm..

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    also in order to bypass the SSH, you can use the utorrent on your box as a tracker.
    Just create a torrent there with the files you want, and download it to your home PC like from any other tracker.
    Though it is a little long but should work @ max speed.
    Here is how:http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#Does...ded_tracker.3F
    Actually its my friends box so i dont have much access

Quote Originally Posted by OmaRin0 View Post
    well i'm using BulletProof to MAKE the ftp, and IDM to download from the ftp, and i got FULL speed (400 kb/s)
    How do i download from FTP through IDM...

And Bulletprrof is used to make ftp rite..?? But ftp is already there. I have got the userid and pass for it. The only problem is while leeching i dont get full speeds.. Just used CuteFTP and its max speed is 670kbps i.e 84Kb/s so even through this its not even crossing 100

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast