Thread: Question on SLI Nvidia

Did some research must have two cards of the same to run SLI.

New question would be why in the heck my card gets so hot that I cant touch it? BTW power supply is 750W dual rails

Also my Nvidia 6800GT has a small round chip that reads 505 SVP 330 16 its round and my buddy snapped it clean off so I soldered it back on anyone know what it is and will it still work ok?
    Last edited by sgtsamson; 11-05-2007 at 08:02 PM. Reason: New question

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtsamson View Post
    Did some research must have two cards of the same to run SLI.
    Doh!...it's only been like that for the past 3 years or so...

New question would be why in the heck my card gets so hot that I cant touch it?
    How hot is that in degrees and why do you want to touch it anyway?
    BTW power supply is 750W dual rails
    Irrelevant.
    Also my Nvidia 6800GT has a small round chip that reads 505 SVP 330 16 its round and my buddy snapped it clean off so I soldered it back on anyone know what it is and will it still work ok?
    No idea.
    *...note to self- Keep the Sgts. friend well away from my hardware...
    What cooling is on your vid card?
    The card pictured in my Old Skewl thread is a 6800GT and it seems to run in the low 40's with the Arctic Cooler 5 on it.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    The two cards should have the same chipset but can be different clock speeds, it will just run both at the lower clocked speeds. For instance Nvidia makes 6 different geforce7900gs cards each clocked differently and different cooling to compensate for higher speeds but any two of them will sli together and run at the lower clocked bus and memory speeds.