Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Xp - Full Version?

If you download a copy of Windows XP, can you burn it to CD and run is as a full install? I'm building a new computer, and I want atleast Windows 98 on the computer, so that I can upgrade it to XP.

All help is greatly appreciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Yes, all copies floating on the net are full versions. So you don&#39;t have to do an upgrade. Upgrades suck anyways >_<

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Ah, I love it&#33;

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    TRshady
    You would (stealing bastard ).

Xilo is right though, you should never update to xp, causing to much problems and your much better off with the full version.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I upgraded to 2000 (from win98) pretty well. Tho, I&#39;ve reinstalled it (once being because of the OS) about 4 times, and without too many errors.

I hope WinXP will run perfectly. ;P

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    TRshady
    It should do, people often say make sure you always have the service packs and updates. Though after a format about a year ago I still haven&#39;t installed them .... and had no problems at all

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Ah, I burned this file to CD:

Filename: Windows_XP_Pro_Corporate_Final, This Prog Works Great and need not be register or activated
    Size: 504,102KB

And I went to my other computer (which already had windows 2000 installed), and try to boot the CD while restarting, and nothing happens. It just loads the computer normally. Do you recommend a certain version of WinXP that I should use?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    have a look in the verifieds there is a pinned topiuc on xp

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=26555

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    You either need to make reburn the cd and make it bootable (can do a search on google, really easy to find a howto) or you can go into the BIOS and set the cdrom to be the first bootable device.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by perfectphp@16 July 2003 - 18:20
    Ah, I burned this file to CD:

Filename: Windows_XP_Pro_Corporate_Final, This Prog Works Great and need not be register or activated
    Size: 504,102KB

And I went to my other computer (which already had windows 2000 installed), and try to boot the CD while restarting, and nothing happens. It just loads the computer normally. Do you recommend a certain version of WinXP that I should use?
    This file worked great for me.
    you just have to get a program wich creates for you the 6 Windows XP boot-disks(If you want also to formate your hard-disk),and then start your computer with the first boot disk and follow the instructions.

PS: If you don&#39;t know a lot about computers You should look arround before for some explanations about patitioning ect...(It&#39;s quite simple).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast