Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This board breeds assholes

My rant:
    Before coming to FST, I enjoyed a beautiful life filled with many trackers that I obtained via friends. Got everywhere free. I never had the desire to hoard unwanted trackers.

After coming to FST, I feel the desire to save a bunch of trackers I don't want because they are now a bloody currency. I noticed that normal people now use the WIAW thread on their friends. You meet someone online, and talk about TV, say you want a Bitmetv invite, they are like... well no, you aren't a level 6 friend yet.

The whole torrent community has been changed from a friendly bunch to hoarding traders. Nice work everyone.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Necronomicon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    I am crying...It is such a shame...

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    LinkS v2.0's Avatar LinkS BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    wiaw is where the downfall started
    thanks patrotforeve
    Mr Angry

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Mayhem's Avatar 70|2|23|\|73|2 BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    hmm, you are mistaken, although the WIAW is here, it doesn't mean that all the traders are here. Trading torrent trackers is a global disease. Trackers are being sold all over the net. However, there are also lots of great people out there still (just have a peek @ the invites section and see how many giveaways there are).
    BTW if my friend would have told me your are not lvl 6 i would kick him in the nuttz and confiscate his PC.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I agree on that issue..

Even though ppl dont use everything , they keep it so that it can be traded off for something else... IMO one should keep only things that we use..!!

@Links :- WIAW was a guideline , it was like a search or database in which we can find which trackers are helpful to us. Well thats diff thing that now its like a currency chart. But its initial aim was to help users knowing trackers in better way..!!
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    furip2k, there always will be people who will look down upon others (ex. you aren't a level 6 friend yet) and/or want something in return (trade). I agree, this board indeed is collection of bunch of those kind of people. But you are forgetting that there are always both sides of coin. And thus there is other bunch of people who don't look down upon people neither except anything in return.

I myself have seen it. Before i joined FST, i had 1-6 lvl tracker (i hate to rank tracker as lvl but that's how it is here n now i am used to it). But now, i have made upto where i wanted to be (lvl 9 specifically). I think this is a great place to make friends, help and get helped and that is how i go where i got to lvl 9...i knew these two noble men from other tracker but through FST n only FST they knew me better or we found each other.

But then it depends on ur prespecitive. Try to enjoy in here, but if can't feel free to leave.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    The honest thing to do if you are not using a tracker or it does not suit you for whatever reason is to delete the a/c (delacct.php) . It is the traded a/c's which put the private bt community at risk, these get passed from hand to hand and who knows when or if they end up in the hands of an RIAA/MPAA representative. This is why some trackers are so strict on IP change, the minute it changes to another range the a/c is disabled. If you don't use it delete it !

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by furip2k View Post
    My rant:
    Before coming to FST, I enjoyed a beautiful life filled with many trackers that I obtained via friends. Got everywhere free. I never had the desire to hoard unwanted trackers.

After coming to FST, I feel the desire to save a bunch of trackers I don't want because they are now a bloody currency. I noticed that normal people now use the WIAW thread on their friends. You meet someone online, and talk about TV, say you want a Bitmetv invite, they are like... well no, you aren't a level 6 friend yet.

The whole torrent community has been changed from a friendly bunch to hoarding traders. Nice work everyone.
    Ditch bittorrent altogether and repent.

yo

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Leaving FST doesn't change anything. This place has infected the whole torrent community. You would think after being friends with someone online for a few months he would give you an invite somewhere because you actually wanted to join, but no. I should make that a test. Any people I'm friends with after 4 months, I will ask for an invite to some random level 4-7 site. If they say no, I realize we aren't going to work as friends. In real life this test can be performed by asking for $2 drink.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Mayhem's Avatar 70|2|23|\|73|2 BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by furip2k View Post
    My rant:

Ditch bittorrent altogether and repent.
    And pay .
    All should be free, power to the people

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast