Thread: I am looking for is another DvD

LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    What I am looking for is another DvD burner,
    I use Nero
    I loose to many disks using Nero.
    Any suggestions on burners that you don't loose any disks on.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    optimus_prime's Avatar Guardian BT Rep: +2
    burn at half of maximum speed, it's more likely you're having problem with media.

nero is top burning app.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    What are you burning movies, music ? I like Nero too but just a lite or micro version ,I use strictly Memorex media disks .

@ Opitmus , ya its funny all the new DVD burners with the great speed and I still burn my movies @ 12 X .

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    LaPistola's Avatar about BT Rep: +2
    I've never had a problem w/ MagicISO, but burning at a slow speed is a good idea
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    I don't know about the north but in the south an Englishman is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Ænima's Avatar 2 in 1 BT Rep: +1
    Use EAC (exac audio copy) to burn your music. I use PowerISO for my games/apps, etc (whenever I don't mount them, which is like never). The only reason I have PowerISO is because I came across a stupid .daa file . I can't recommend anything for movies and other videos - I watch all my stuff on my PC .

I'm with you on not liking Nero. It's too bloated (for lack of a better word) for my taste. I'm a minimalist and Nero just has too much shit in it lol . Honestly, what is with the NeroHome App? Ugh. Disgrace.
    Last edited by Ænima; 11-11-2007 at 01:44 AM. Reason: grammar

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ænima View Post
    Use EAC (exac audio copy) to burn your music. I use PowerISO for my games/apps, etc (whenever I don't mount them, which is like never). The only reason I have PowerISO is because I came across a stupid .daa file . I can't recommend anything for movies and other videos - I watch all my stuff on my PC .

I'm with you on not liking Nero. It's too bloated (for lack of a better word) for my taste. I'm a minimalist and Nero just has too much shit in it lol . Honesty, what is with the NeroHome App? Ugh. Disgrace.

Yep the dreaded daa file . I like UltraIso better for mounting files and use VSO to convert then burn movies and Nero Mirco for music . I wish we new what the OP was trying to burn .

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    K3b is great. But no doze version.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    So are you looking for another DVD burner?

Or, are you interested in different DVD burning software?

Never mind, I understand what you're trying to ask but boy, your grammar skills suck!

(btw, the word you want to use is "lose" and not "loose")

Sorry man, but people with grammar such as what you've demonstrated
    just come across as idiots.

I've been using Nero for years and rarely have had any issues. And while it is a bloated piece of software, it has all the features I'm looking for. (although, I don't use it for converting any video as other software does that faster and with better results)

But, as others have stated, burning CDs and DVDs at a slower speed is always best no matter what software you utilize. This will make your discs more readable in stand alone players and car stereos.