Thread: Tracker Cheker - malware?

Question Mark

I recently stumbled upon this program, it's called tracker checker 2.0 and promisses to warn you whenever a tracker site is open to subscritions.

My question is have anyone tried it? Is it a malware or spyware? Does it work as promised?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Mayhem's Avatar 70|2|23|\|73|2 BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I used previous versions, they all worked fine.
    Tested this one for you, nothing malicious found, if you want to you can use it.

Edit: they still have OiNK listed there. i think it is time for another update
    Last edited by Mayhem; 11-08-2007 at 03:21 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I used previous versions, they all worked fine.
    Tested this one for you, nothing malicious found, if you want to you can use it.

Edit: they still have OiNK listed there. i think it is time for another update
    Thanks man!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Every time you check revolt with it, it'll cost you and the guys who make it 358KB of bandwidth, while costing me nothing at all. With 31000+ hits from it per day, they can pay for the 330+GB of bandwidth a month.

If you use the mac version distributed by torrentfreak, it'll cost you and them 200KB, until I can find something bigger.

These "tools" are nothing better than DDOS, and I'll treat them as such.
    If just one or two bigger sites do the same, we could be throwing 10-20TB/mo of bandwidth right back at them.

BTW, it's really not that useful anyway.
    A single line of code ensures it'll never tell you when a site is open.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Mayhem's Avatar 70|2|23|\|73|2 BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    yeah, you are totally right.
    I stopped using it after 5min because it reported too many wrong results and was annoying.
    Instead there is open signups thread here that will give you much more info than any app out there.