Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Most Depressing,darkest Song Ever

razorsharp013's Avatar Fountain of Wit
    Also Type O Negative. But if you're really looking for REALLY, REALLY dark and depressing, then try My Dying Bride - The Angel and the Dark River. It is different though, so I can't promise you'll like it!

2. Music   -   #22
    Poster
    I try to listen to upbeat music when I am depressed. Is it healthy to listen to music that even makes you more depressed?

3. Music   -   #23
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Originally posted by Neverose@18 July 2003 - 13:07
    I try to listen to upbeat music when I am depressed. Is it healthy to listen to music that even makes you more depressed?
    Maybe not...but i do it anyway...

Linkin Park - My December *its not dark, but it gets me down*

4. Music   -   #24
    Not one song, but many by Nick Drake...

5. Music   -   #25
    Suffer Little Children - The Smiths. It's about the Moor's Murders so that's pretty depressing.

She's Lost Control - Joy Division. Dark song by a very dark group.

Signature removed

6. Music   -   #26
    hypoluxa3k
    Originally posted by Justsomeguy@17 July 2003 - 07:20
    Okay then, try this one on fer size...

Love will tear us apart by The Underground Lovers

I saw an interview with a couple of members of the band a few years ago... Apparently, the guy that wrote and sung it killed himself just before the song's retail release - it roared up the charts, and went on to become a major influence for many musicians years after. Is that dark and depressing enough?
    Love Will Tear Us Apart
    by Joy Division

influential uk band whose singer ian curtis hung himself.
    you should see him in the live video to 'transmission', the guy gets really into it!

7. Music   -   #27
    I know this might sound cheesy,
    but there's a song from maximilian hecker- I am falling now
    thats pretty depressing for me...

it's very slow

8. Music   -   #28
    "Love will tear us apart" is from Joy Division. Immense song !
    For a good depressing night, i would recommend :
    - David Bowie : some are (bonus track from LOW)
    - david Bowie : subterraneans (LOW)
    - radiohead : OK COMPUTER > tracks 2,7,10

9. Music   -   #29
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Originally posted by hypoluxa3k+18 July 2003 - 18:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hypoluxa3k &#064; 18 July 2003 - 18:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Justsomeguy@17 July 2003 - 07:20
    Okay then, try this one on fer size...

Love will tear us apart by The Underground Lovers

I saw an interview with a couple of members of the band a few years ago... Apparently, the guy that wrote and sung it killed himself just before the song&#39;s retail release - it roared up the charts, and went on to become a major influence for many musicians years after. Is that dark and depressing enough?
    Love Will Tear Us Apart
    by Joy Division

influential uk band whose singer ian curtis hung himself.
    you should see him in the live video to &#39;transmission&#39;, the guy gets really into it&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Oops... I stand corrected. Like I said, it was a few years ago that I saw the interview... put it down to too many late nights lately, okay?

I&#39;ve only seen the clip of love will tear us apart. Ian was so into singing it that his eyes were rolling back in his head most of the time... that was enough to last me a lifetime. I got into happier stuff from that time on.

Anyways, thanks for setting me straight, folks.

Oh yeah.. Bowie&#33; When the wind blows. The video would depress even the most determined optimist...

10. Music   -   #30
    DOA by Bloodrock

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast