Thread: Need Ntfs For Win98

As topic sais, im looking for this program called NTFS For Win98. It basically lets you see NTFS partitions / hard drives wile using windows 95/98/ME.

I was just gonna download the trial but whats the point if the files are read-only

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Captain Nemo does the same thing I think. There are several versions for windows , linux, and NTFS

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    and switching of the "read only" in the "properties" when you rightclick on it ?

but does it make any difference ?

anyway there are some freeware programs available like bootit,
    click here for download

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Hey thanks for the alternatives .

I was just thinking, it isnt fair for people that have bought windows 98 AND windows xp and want to duel boot that micro$oft havent release an official patch for Fats32 OS's to be able to read ntfs file system.

Damnit thats not fair.

Forgot to ask, will i be able to run apps from an ntfs partiton while in windows 98 with them other programs ?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    I'm not sure if you can run them or just view them. I know the linux version makes media files from windows run in linux but....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    chalkmongoose
    I just thought that I'd point out, Windows 98 knows about NTFS drives. The technology was around back then. If you setup a FAT boot partition, you can load Windows 98 on a NTFS partition without an issue.