Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie Burning

i wanna play my movies on my ps2 which i burn off my computer , but my friend told me dat i need some kind of chip to do dat because ps2 only plays dvds. is this true.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    if you want to see it on ps2 (dvd) you need to burn it as VCD
    it can take a lot more time than a regular burning...

& it's illegal ! ! ! (yeah right... who cares?)

by the way - i wanna talk with you on the PMs...

party on.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    the keeper is wrong, and your friend right, vcds wont work on ps2, unless u get a region disk 4 it m8, u can get them, i think its called region x, and the region setting u want is 0.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Originally posted by redemption@17 July 2003 - 02:58
    the keeper is wrong, and your friend right, vcds wont work on ps2, unless u get a region disk 4 it m8, u can get them, i think its called region x, and the region setting u want is 0.
    i have no idea what u just sed.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    c the problem is i dont have a dvd burner. is there any way i can play my movies(cdrs-rws) on ps2 without buying a chip

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    i think u cant
    [ gs removed the sig, it was 1455.14 KB lol ]

HELL YEAH!!!!!!

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    No you cant, you would need a mod chip.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    any idea about how much iz it, i was seaching on ebay but didnt find anythin

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    U can find lots of different mod chips just go to google and type "playstation 2 mod chip" in to the search I got mine @ www.modchipcanada.com. As far as i know vcd/svcd wont work on the ps 2 with just a mod chip (I read you can a dl a boot disc that will work but i cant find it).
    This is new on the market but its supposed to work.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    You can play cd-r/cd-rw, vcd/svcd and yes divx on the PS2, but it does require you have a mod chip in your playstation, however there are no solder mod chips you can get if you are worried about frying your system that just take swapping a cd when you boot it to make it load the chip. To play divx on your ps2 you have to burn a little program onto the burnt cd called PS2reality. There is a website for this program and it is free, but the website is in spanish. Sometimes babel can translate a decent portion on the site however. Just do a search on www.yahoo.com for ps2 reality, it will bring up a link for their website. However, at present the software is only in beta and some people report problems playing divx other than 5.0.0, 4.0.0, and 3.0.0 using it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast