Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening Text Files

Hello all,
    Whenever I open a *.txt file I get this annoying error.

For several days, I tried debugging the error but didnt help. I checked through the windows registry as well but didnt help at all.

Please advice.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Hey thats strange ? does it do the same when you try open with another reader ??

maybe your notepad.exe is corrupt.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Hey, that reminds me of the trick you could do in any Windows OS below 2000...It was hillarious putting a folder on the desktop named pr0n at school and the tech guys not knowing when it was made or created and not being able to delete/access it According to Windows, the file/folder didn&#39;t even exist&#33;

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Well notepad opens the file. Its just that it would give the error each time. It doesnt happen with other readers like WordPad so I am assuming its notepad. Any Suggestions?
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Xilo@16 July 2003 - 21:18
    Hey, that reminds me of the trick you could do in any Windows OS below 2000...It was hillarious putting a folder on the desktop named pr0n at school and the tech guys not knowing when it was made or created and not being able to delete/access it According to Windows, the file/folder didn&#39;t even exist&#33;
    That is interesting...Wonder why windows used to do that

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Just a guess, try right clicking on the file and go open with and direct it to the notepad.exe. It might have stuffed up

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Nah ,didnt work. I tried associating it with Word Pad and then changing back to notepad , still same error.

Is there a way to reinstall just the notepad application? maybe that might fix. Seems to me some other prob.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    What error is it giving you? Your image isn&#39;t showing up for me...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd@17 July 2003 - 03:31
    What error is it giving you? Your image isn&#39;t showing up for me...
    it shows up here and for everyone else.

Well it gives this error

"Windows cannot find <path name of the file>. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To Search for a file, Click the Start Button, and then click Search"

The file opens but each time with this error.

Edit: Typo

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    just done a Google and it come up with a few pages saying that its from a previous virus being removed. Just search up

"To Search for a file, Click the Start Button, and then click Search"

and youll find the pages. I was gonna go through them but theirs to much.

try fix it before it effects your other exe&#39;s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast