Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: OK, Talk me out of BT(pros & cons)

WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS

Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    WW i never get your sig, what do you mean by "JESUS USED TORRENTS AND LOOKED WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM, USE NEWSGROUPS".
    grammar wise it doesn't make sense
    just curious nothing more
    It's no secret that Jesus had a music addiction. He fueled this addiction by downloading via torrents. The Romans(RIAA) crucified him for this.
    Last edited by WHiKWiRE; 11-20-2007 at 05:21 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #42
    Quote Originally Posted by WHiCKWiRE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    WW i never get your sig, what do you mean by "JESUS USED TORRENTS AND LOOKED WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM, USE NEWSGROUPS".
    grammar wise it doesn't make sense
    just curious nothing more
    It's no secret that Jesus had a music addiction. He fueled this addiction by downloading via torrents. The Romans(RIAA) crucified him for this.

3. Newsgroups   -   #43
    orfik's Avatar 20th Century Boy BT Rep: +3
    Here's my problem: I'm sitting here with over a TB of "properly ripped and encoded" FLACs, and a horde of obscure movies, thanks almost entirely to BT. I have niche tastes, and I wonder if Usenet caters to a niche market. Honestly, I don't care at all about mainstream content.

4. Newsgroups   -   #44
    I don't know what kind of music your into check this out -->
    http://www.binsearch.info/browse.php...ounds.lossless
    Thers a group for almost all music tastes ...
    Personally I like documentary's I found a lot very good documentary's on usent...

5. Newsgroups   -   #45
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS
    Quote Originally Posted by iNVADER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WHiCKWiRE View Post

i love it.

6. Newsgroups   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by cubbyche View Post
    Personally I like documentary's I found a lot very good documentary's on usent...
    I've downloaded a few FLAC albums off newsgroups and the logs were all wrong, if they had any at all (usually just nfo). Also, if y'all want to save some money, most of the stuff from Newsgroups goes right to DC++, just join the better hubs.

7. Newsgroups   -   #47
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by orfik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cubbyche View Post
    I've downloaded a few FLAC albums off newsgroups and the logs were all wrong, if they had any at all (usually just nfo). Also, if y'all want to save some money, most of the stuff from Newsgroups goes right to DC++, just join the better hubs.
    I indeed come across incorrect logs or rips with Usenet, but not nearly as much as I do with bittorrent trackers like oink and now waffles. E**** seems to be the diamond in the rough. Waffles is filled with the shit. Just since it's start, I've had to report over half the "FLAC" rips I've downloaded as bullshit, virtual drive, garbage.

I convert every rip I download to a single CDImage, verifying against AR in the process, so I know if what I have is truly lossless.

I join the FLACs into a single wav (via CUETools) and mount them with Daemon Tools, to determine the pregpa lengths. If they match up to what the EAC logs show, the rip is bullshit.

Sometimes newbies follow the EAC ripping guide exactly, without even understanding what they are doing. Just reverse the offset (-12) via CUETools (assuming the original rip was done with the right offset to start with), and remount in Daemon Tools, then retest with arcue.pl. If you get a 100% match, again, the rip is bullshit.

As for DC being commensurable to Usenet, that's laughable.

yo

8. Newsgroups   -   #48
    That's funny, because I've had great luck with waffles and what.cd when it comes to proper logs, but it may just be the type of music I listen to (it breeds anal retention). For the log itself, I'm only interested in proper pre-gap length, CRC verification, no c2, and no extraction errors.

Offset correction is useless to me. Read correction is to make sure it doesn't lose small fractions of seconds at the beginning of data set, which only really matters very far down the reproduction line, when those errors affect real data and not complete silence.

To verify whether or not the rip is lossless, I just convert the FLACs to WAVs and run them through Cool Edit Pro for WA/SA. You seem pretty knowledgeable, though, so tell me if I should really bother verifying them through Daemon Tools.

And I don't know. I'm only care about music and obscure film, and Newsgroups just didn't do anything for me. DC was on par in my experience. Maybe I'll try it again.

9. Newsgroups   -   #49
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Personally I use both...best of both worlds

10. Newsgroups   -   #50
    Quote Originally Posted by aburyach View Post
    Personally I use both...best of both worlds
    Yes you make sense. This should not be about mine is better than yours. After all we share right? So share information to.

I see little need myself to use DC hubs. But I am always open to suggestion. It just seems to me some people post to promote something that maybe works for them but maybe more to promote this option. I have tried DC and it is not for me. Other places both p2p and server do what is required far better. Use DC if it works for you.. not me
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast