Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remember Your First Computer

uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    The first computer I got access to was at the local defence research division of the Airforce through a computer club at my highschool... it was during the late '70's. We had to program it with punchcards.. It took ages to do the simplest things and we had to wait 2 weeks to get the results... which were just ascii text on reams of perforated print-out sheets.

Originally posted by Alucard1475@17 July 2003 - 17:56
    vivitron 15 Posted on 17 July 2003 - 18:21
    I had a 56K Spectrum, but that was terrible, the "function" button broke, and we could do nothing with it (you needed it to run the tapes)

then we got a 386 SX 25Hz...wow that was a PC....does anyone remember Prince of Persia game? man thems was the good old days!
    Oh yeah, Prince of Persia... wondering if I still can find it somewhere as a rom. I'll check it out. Nice reminder....
    Well here you go.. just do a search for 'Prince of Persia' at Free Oldies.
    It's an abandonware search site, so I don't think it breaks the board rules to post it here...

They have P.o.P there - 2 versions of the original and P.o.P 2 as well.
    Enjoy your trip down memory lane guys.

(Edit: Nostalgia and typos)

2. Lounge   -   #12
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Im there now!

edit to add: and i just found paperboy there too!! I remember.....

im gonna be gone a few days while i trip doon memory lane
    <insert signature here>

3. Lounge   -   #13
    ZX81...
    1k ram
    8k rom
    First home pc to come out under £100..You spent hrs on the thing typing in code to make ball bounce across the screen then when you hit enter you would always get an error of some description...Very similar to windows me actually

4. Lounge   -   #14
    God dam Prince of Persia was gr8... buy my first computer was of my Uncle, don&#39;t know what it was called but it had the Monitor which Weighed at least 600 pounds.. and it only had 2 Colors Green & Black..

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Ex-member
    Mine was a Commodore 64, which i still have and which still works. I do the odd bit of programming on it and play Tetris from time to time (the orginal Tetris that is - the first one ever - the real deal&#33; ).

6. Lounge   -   #16
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    I think this is my first computer...........my sister had a commodore but it was hers not mine...so yeah&#33; This is my first computer&#33;

I got it when i was 15....ask Lamsey for all the technical fiddly details cos all i know is that it has windows XP and can make CDs&#33;

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by WeeMouse@17 July 2003 - 12:54
    all the technical fiddly details
    It&#39;s a worthless pile of crap. Sorry, but it&#39;s the truth.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I think this is my first computer...........my sister had a commodore but it was hers not mine...so yeah&#33; This is my first computer&#33;

I got it when i was 15....ask Lamsey for all the technical fiddly details cos all i know is that it has windows XP and can make CDs&#33;&nbsp;
    and what sort of computer is it??

btw weemouse you are scaring me still with that 666 I can&#39;t look anymore

9. Lounge   -   #19
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    Originally posted by hogster@17 July 2003 - 12:58

I got it when i was 15....ask Lamsey for all the technical fiddly details cos all i know is that it has windows XP and can make CDs&#33;
    and what sort of computer is it??

btw weemouse you are scaring me still with that 666 I can&#39;t look anymore
    Hehehe i am an evil mouse&#33;&#33;&#33;

Lamsey it&#39;s not that worthless....it lets me and bigMouse play Age of Empires, so it&#39;s ok in our books&#33;

10. Lounge   -   #20
    lynx's Avatar .
    Would have posted earlier, but I was off playing P-o-P.

Mine was a 386-16MHz, but I had all the comps I needed at work before that.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast