Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downloading 120 Files At One Time

Poster
    My past experiences have showed me that when I download files at one time, instead of letting them queue, I double my download speed.

e.g. My connection lets me do 140 to 170 kb/s.
    The other day I enabled 120 files to download at once.
    And I averaged 300 to 330 kb/s for an hour and a half,
    and almost everytime I can double my download speed
    by doing this. But I have no idea why this works for me.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    same for me too it weird because i was downloading four files like slow as hell then i added about 12 more and bam the download when thru the roof so to speak

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    ya this happiened to me too when i dl 10-20 files to gether most of them get the speed of 5-10 cuz i am on 128k and when i pause all the files accept the one getting 10's speed its speed decreases

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    dose this work with 56k
    I have Mordens Audio Hack PLEZ stop emailing me

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    when u say it increases i assume you guys mean each file dl not your total speed right... cause otherwise that would make perfect sense... more stuff is dling the more speed you can add up to a total haha just makin sure and 300kb/s shit, what kinda modem u have?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    hugoharding's Avatar its changed since 02
    Originally posted by ttttttttt@17 July 2003 - 22:01
    dose this work with 56k
    There is a limit of 7KB/s on 56k, and that is connecting at 56Kb/s

I don't know where you are, but it is pretty impossible to connect at more than 52Kb/s in most places. Therefore you cannot connect at a total of more than 6.5KB/s for any more than a few seconds.

Hugo.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Its like leaving autosearchmore enabled all night with searching for ShareReactor

the constant searches keep you pinged in or something and yeah I notice fast speeds with that

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Champ@17 July 2003 - 22:23
    when u say it increases i assume you guys mean each file dl not your total speed right... cause otherwise that would make perfect sense... more stuff is dling the more speed you can add up to a total haha just makin sure and 300kb/s shit, what kinda modem u have?
    wtf are you talking about??

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    e.g. My connection lets me do 140 to 170 kb/s.
    The other day I enabled 120 files to download at once.
    And I averaged 300 to 330 kb/s for an hour and a half,
    and almost everytime I can double my download speed
    by doing this. But I have no idea why this works for me.

If your connection only lets you do 140 to 170 kb/s, then i would say that kazaa is generating an erroneous figure of 330 kb/s. That is of course assuming you have a fixed connection speed from your ISP, the way i pay for 600kbps (75KB/s) and it&#39;s impossible for me to go over this speed. (when i start a download from a website, for example downloading the latest kazaa version, the download always displays 170KB/s - but it&#39;s not real, it lower to around 75KB/s within about 5 seconds)

It could be that you have shared bandwith, and your connection speed is only &#39;suggested&#39; by your ISP, and there is room for it to be higher or lower at any given time. if those in your area that your sharing with are not using their connection at the time, the result would be more bandwith available for you.

If you could clear up the confusion of whether you have a fixed connection speed or not, then that would be cool.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    u all say that 56k modems can go TOPS 56k bu the top they can actually go is 43kbs. thats why no faster dial-up modems have been made cause its not the modem its the actuall phone line.i no it doesnt sound like much of a dif. but when ur using dial-up it really is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast