Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: important question about the same user name

Poster
    hey is it stupid to use the same user name on different torrent sites or forum sites ? i have different passwortes but more or less the same username on every forum/torrensites just wantet to know what u guys saying about this

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    DannyGnXz's Avatar Just say NO 2 Tradin BT Rep: +3
    I don't think its stupid to have the same user names on trackers... But on forums you may want to use a different one to protect your identity some what. But its very smart to keep different passwords just in case of a breech

The Spirit of Something Greater

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Retired...... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    if u are an honest person, its not at all bad using the same nick on all the trackers!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Actatoi's Avatar 2+2 is 5 if I say so BT Rep: +2
    No it is not stupid. People will just recognize you more. Maybe if you differ in important opinions from one forum/torrent site to another it could get boring for you. On FST it could be that you trade and your name could get recognized and result in a ban.
    What an ordinary day, the extraordinary way.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i use this name for forums such as here or revolt but all the trackers im on i use a different name, in total i only have 2 names, this one and the one i use for all my trackers.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    thanks for your answers have a ncie day g.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Cmon's Avatar on users.php
    if I want to hide from something or don't want people to recognize me, I'll use a different nickname, i think that's all the reason if I want to use a different name don't know about you, depend on the purpose I guess
    Know too much = bad
    My Ratio, Stats & Speed

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Using different names can be an additional security measure because we all know that trackers aren't always the safest choices when it comes to protect your privacy.

I do have some trackers where my name is the same but I also have other names or name-combinations I used either because my original name was already taken or because I value anonymity. As I'm only taking part in a few tracker communities my username on other sites doesn't really matter

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    YoYoY's Avatar Am Livin' It BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    i see no problem with that

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by nista View Post
    hey is it stupid to use the same user name on different torrent sites or forum sites ? i have different passwortes but more or less the same username on every forum/torrensites just wantet to know what u guys saying about this
    there are tracker staff who hate you for being a member here. even if you haven't done anything wrong.

i think this goes for a tracker that sounds like a codec afaik.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast