Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seedbox offer real cheap you thoughts on this

Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    The only thing that seems to be abit off with it is that its only 1 ftp account. And just 8 torrents. Its ofcouse enough. But you are never going to be able to seed 15TB with that amount of torrents. Unless you only are seeding to public sites. And i cant seed the point in paying to seed to public sites :p

Other than that everything seems grate for a seedbox. 70gb is more than enough if you only have 8 torrents you can seed.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    arkiebrian's Avatar Capitalist Pig BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Quote Originally Posted by LackOfInterest View Post
    There has to be a catch how can you offer 15tb of monthly bandwidth for 45 bucks?

It's not really that outrageous...my website has 10TB of bandwidth and I pay much less than $45 a month...

Oh hell, I'll take one for the team, I'm gonna signup for one of the cheaper packages and see how it turns out.
    You're a good man! It will be great to see how this turns out.
    Last edited by arkiebrian; 11-14-2007 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheffy View Post
    The only thing that seems to be abit off with it is that its only 1 ftp account. And just 8 torrents. Its ofcouse enough. But you are never going to be able to seed 15TB with that amount of torrents. Unless you only are seeding to public sites. And i cant seed the point in paying to seed to public sites :p

Other than that everything seems grate for a seedbox. 70gb is more than enough if you only have 8 torrents you can seed.
    lol, thats wrong, If u saw the games released on TL this week, wiht 8 of those on a 100mbit if u were the initial seeder u could get 15tb in a month

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    jandrews404's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    You'd be better off paying another $25 bucks and get an entry-level LeaseWeb box with a 5Mbps unmetered connection.

When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.......

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    LackOfInterest's Avatar O_o BT Rep: +2
    Initial Information:

They let you choose your own username and password via email, after i did that it maybe took 30 minutes to have everything setup and working. The email i received shortly after read as follows.

Welcome to Br-Hosting! Your account Information:

Torrentflux Package #4 - 40GB

Hostname: http://*****.thetorrentfile.org
    Login: ******
    Password: *****

FTP Login Information

Hostname: me****.thetorrentfile.org
    Login: ******@thetorrentfile.org
    Password: ******

Thank you very much for choose Br-hosting!!

Please contact us back if you have any concerns.

Best regards.

After logging to torrentflux in it seems that each part of the dedicated server is divided up amongst 10 people http://imageupload.se/files/071114/9204firstlook.JPG

To play it safe I am testing it out by downloading the latest release of fedora because I'm very paranoid Granted it is on a public tracker so the speeds may not be that great but it should give me an idea of what I'm dealing with for speeds. Also highest downspeed so far
    http://imageupload.se/files/071114/2883speed.JPG
    I have yet to figure out how to login to their ftp server because when I do, no files show up so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to PM me or leave a post here. Also any other questions about the company can you can pm or post them here and I can try my best to answer them

*edit* Nevermind I figured out the ftp. It helps when you start downloading something first
    *edit 2* I'll post another update on stuff tomorrow when I wakeup, also the speed thing so far is no issue. After having the same torrent on my vectoral box open for the same time (and ya you may be connected to different peers blah blah) i was seeing relatively the same speeds. If anyone knows of a good torrent i can use to test the speeds or something of that nature please let me know
    Last edited by LackOfInterest; 11-14-2007 at 04:07 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    LackOfInterest who cares about dl speed - only upload speed that meters

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    IGetMoney's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    damn i can do 45 a month lol...so how would this work im new to this you order it from the site and they ship to you and you just hook it up or what i checked the site i dont know if they ship to Canada can someone help me out please..PM me or answer here ..Thankss

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Oh hell, I'll take one for the team, I'm gonna signup for one of the cheaper packages and see how it turns out.
    Looks very interesting, tell me how it goes
    eee

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Bucktoof's Avatar Byaaah! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    That is a damn good deal, hopefully the speed manages to stay high over a while.

Is it a shared connection? If it is, that would slow it down when more people are using it right?
    http://4t.myminicity.com/ind - build industry!
    http://4t.myminicity.com/tra - build transportation
    http://4t.myminicity.com/sec - build security

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Initial Information:

They let you choose your own username and password via email, after i did that it maybe took 30 minutes to have everything setup and working. The email i received shortly after read as follows.

Welcome to Br-Hosting! Your account Information:

Torrentflux Package #4 - 40GB

Hostname: http://*****.thetorrentfile.org
    Login: ******
    Password: *****

FTP Login Information

Hostname: me****.thetorrentfile.org
    Login: ******@thetorrentfile.org
    Password: ******

Thank you very much for choose Br-hosting!!

Please contact us back if you have any concerns.

Best regards.

After logging to torrentflux in it seems that each part of the dedicated server is divided up amongst 10 people http://imageupload.se/files/071114/9204firstlook.JPG

To play it safe I am testing it out by downloading the latest release of fedora because I'm very paranoid Granted it is on a public tracker so the speeds may not be that great but it should give me an idea of what I'm dealing with for speeds. Also highest downspeed so far
    http://imageupload.se/files/071114/2883speed.JPG
    I have yet to figure out how to login to their ftp server because when I do, no files show up so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to PM me or leave a post here. Also any other questions about the company can you can pm or post them here and I can try my best to answer them

*edit* Nevermind I figured out the ftp. It helps when you start downloading something first
    *edit 2* I'll post another update on stuff tomorrow when I wakeup, also the speed thing so far is no issue. After having the same torrent on my vectoral box open for the same time (and ya you may be connected to different peers blah blah) i was seeing relatively the same speeds. If anyone knows of a good torrent i can use to test the speeds or something of that nature please let me know
    Use a public torrent
    eee

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast