Thread: suggestions

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hello. I just canceled my account with usenet.com. I found it to be unreliable. I had a lot of trouble connecting and I didnt like the way the groups appeared. I live in the midwest. Is there somewhere that anyone can suggest for me to try?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    rippinitup4fun's Avatar alt.binaries.*
    Newshosting or Giganews. Newshosting is cheaper but has less retention. Giganews is more expensive but has over double the retention. Both are great services but the bottom line is about how you want to pay and if retention matters to you.

http://www.newshosting.com/?a=51500

http://www.giganews.com/?a=fst

For instance I usually grab everything I want when it is posted and if I do not my ISP provides Usenet access through Giganews but only 5 gigs a month limit so I use that as a backup in case I need something that is over 70-100 days old. So for me there is no point in paying the extra quid for longer retention, for example.
    Last edited by rippinitup4fun; 11-15-2007 at 03:19 AM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    hmmm... thanks. I was actually signing up for the 3 day trial at giga right before I read this.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    I recently switched to Giganews from Usenetserver, because of their recent problems.

Anyways, not only do they have better retention, I'm finding that I'm hardly needing pars at all. Giganews really is the best.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    I have not had any problems at Giga.
    I'm not sure what the others are like but as long as things keep going smooth I see no reason to switch.