Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How and why did you begn torrenting

DannyGnXz's Avatar Just say NO 2 Tradin BT Rep: +3
    Just curious as to how it all began for you guys. Torrenting that is. How did you get introduced to it?

For me... The answer is kids. Buying DVDs which they didn't care to watch, ended up pissing me off.

I was introduced to it by watching the Screen Savers on TechTV. Thanks to Kevin Rose who explained how to hack the original xbox, I was able to run homebrew appz and watch downloaded movies and play "backed up" games.

I first started downloading movies on TMD-Moviez. But I was quickly disappointed with the quality of the movies I was downloading from there via mIRC. A little more googling & some more revelations from Kevin Rose led me to bit torrent.

Its been at least 5 to 6 years since I've been torrenting and I haven't looked back. The next natural progression in the chain would be Newsgroups but I have yet to take the plunge in that direction.

So I ask you guys... How did it all begin for you?
    Last edited by DannyGnXz; 11-15-2007 at 05:40 PM.

The Spirit of Something Greater

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Retired...... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I use the internet basically for music/appz. I began with search engines to search for mp3's(also appz cracks,serials) but i came to know that my system started was getting infected with viruses and other shit as i opened some unknown sites. Then i came to know abt Limewire . This was an intermediate stage for me! As i wanted to download more and more music, i found it difficult to search for each and every song and download it in limewire. So, a gud frnd of mine introduced me to torrents. I was so excited to know abt torrents. I remember, the first torrent i downloaded was 50 Cent - The Massacre. mininova was the tracker i came to know first. Also didnt know abt ratios,seeds,leeches.....and other ABC's of torrenting until 1 fine day, TL had open signups through their IRC. . The guy who invited me told me to read the rules and FAQ before downloading anything. I read the FAQ/Rules and then came to know abt everything slowly!

Now, as a torrent user, i am very happy to be a member of some of the most exclusive torrent cummunities that everyone dreams about!

Thanks DannyGnXz for letting me sharing my memories here at FST
    Long live FST
    Last edited by raj3186; 11-15-2007 at 05:45 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    started in public torrent sites cos kazaa sucks cawk and the edonkey network was slow as hell, then gradually got into the private bt world though FST and co, to where i am today.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    DannyGnXz's Avatar Just say NO 2 Tradin BT Rep: +3
    My first torrenting site was Suprnova. When it was closed, I became upset but found some other great communities as a result of it.

The Spirit of Something Greater

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    DyNast's Avatar What's My Age Again? BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I heard about that but never used it, till one day i tried and fall in love
    My first site was TL

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    I had my first bittorrent experience back when the best client was the original bittorrent client and private trackers were probably about to start out soon. That was nothing special however, no certain reason for choosing this method, no file I was dying to find, just trying to fool around with it. What I remember most about that time was how uncomfortable the use of that client was and that I'd rather stick to what I've known forever

As I had, and have, other ways to get some important stuff, I haven't started using torrents regularly until some of the largest public trackers made it too tempting to refuse.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    bluejay's Avatar Member BT Rep: +2
    I live overseas, and I miss American TV, so I started downloading tv episodes, then whole seasons. After I got into it, a friend of mine gave me an oink invite, then another friend gave me a demonoid invite. Then, the whole world went to hell.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    ZedZedZed's Avatar Poster
    a friend of mine invited me to sct and then I started

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Ufff... I donīt remember when... in the beginning, when BitTorrent came out.
    How? I friend of mine told me about this and tought me how to use. I remember that finding .torrents was not easy and the offer was poor.
    It was a time when eMule was a good alternative and I wasnīt very convinced... but step by step this thing became bigger and bigger, and faster and faster...
    Like almost everybody I began with Suprnova and I remember that when I discovered Demonoid that was... what a experience!
    The main concern today for me is to decide where I download from.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    kostnkost's Avatar "Otay" BT Rep: +1
    I was tired of using Winmx and knew there had to be something better. I also was capped by my ISP, so sharing was nonexistent for me on MX.

Heard from a few friends that torrents was the way to go, so here I am.

Next step once torrents is obsolete would have to be newsgroups.

I'm always thinking ahead, lol.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast