Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which usenet client do you use?

I use GrabIt.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Grabit 1.6.2. Havent gone to 1.7 yet. I dont use their Search tools.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    is there a client that you can pay for once instead of yearly and be able to download headers?

if only alt.binz had it ;-(

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by kndguy View Post
    is there a client that you can pay for once instead of yearly and be able to download headers?

yes,this is NewsBin

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by r77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kndguy View Post

yes,this is NewsBin
    Hey, thanks.

After I posted that I stumbled upon XNews and tried it out... not that difficult to use and its free.

However, the updates and filters do take a while

Maybe I'll just try NewsLeecher for a month and see the advantage of their supersearch or w/e its called.

Thanks

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    I thought more ppl used newsbin, which is what I use.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    never used newsbin, but have used newsleecher and grabit. between the two I'd say that newsleecher is the more user-friendly. It may have a slightly larger learning curve, but it makes the whole process (downloading headers, auto repair/extract, reading and posting) much easier than grabit.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    I've never used the auto repair or extracting features of newsbin. I just do it all manually once I finish downloading. Are these features faster than doing it that way? What are the benefits?

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    grabit and newsbin for giga

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by backlash View Post
    I've never used the auto repair or extracting features of grabit. I just do it all manually once I finish downloading. Are these features faster than doing it that way? What are the benefits?
    Well, it's just a little more convenient for it to be done automatically, but not necessary. Also, newsleecher doesn't have the "decoding" period after the file is downloaded. That was one of the features of newzbin that I really didn't like. Even if I didn't have repair 'n extract enabled, it had to "decode" each file after download. I have no clue what this does (except maybe to "decode" the yencoding done during posting). either newsleecher doesn't have to do this, or it does it while downloading (which I would think is a better use of time).

anyone knoe for sure what the "decoding" is in grabit?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast