Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Have U Ever Walked Out Of The Cinema B4

Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Originally posted by Bait Master@21 July 2003 - 04:16
    LoTR TT- thought i'd give it a chance but it was still crap, The italian Job- ZZzzzz
    And about 500 others
    If the 500 hundred others were even half as good as these two, I'd like to know what your version of "good movies" really consist of....

2. Movies & TV   -   #42
    Pardon me if i don't like boring long winded movies.

Just because you and other think some movies were good doesnt mean someone else can't have a different opinion.

I hate a lot of movies that a lot of other people like, and i like a lot of movies that a lot of other people hate.

3. Movies & TV   -   #43
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    I agree LOTR was the most boring movie ever i watched 3 times and each time i fell asleep. I am in to movies like that but dam they made it so fuckin lame. They casted some dumb people too. The card game was better so was the books i'll stick with the basics.

4. Movies & TV   -   #44
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    I also took my 7 year old brother to jay and silet bob but left after 5 minutes 

Man you dont know shit you have to be a Kavin Smith fan to understand that movie. Watch all his movies before you watch that movie it all ties together. His movies are Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, then Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. All great work but Jay & Silent Bob wasent his best.

5. Movies & TV   -   #45
    walked out on The Hunt for Red October. BORING stuff. I've only ever seen those first 45 min. too. I've heard it ends well, but don't care to find out b/c the first 45min. is slow enough to put you to sleep.

Just to comment on where the topic went, the LOTR movies are awesome and I hope you all know that LOTR: Return of the King is just as long! I read the books as a child, reread them as an adult, collected the three cartoons that came out, and was never more excited when the plans for the trilogy were released! It's longwinded b/c the books are HUGE. Peter Jackson, who is a childhood fan of the book trilogy, wanted the movies to come as close as possible to the actual storyline in order to pay homage to Tolkien's genius. You cannot possibly represent that level of imagination with any real accuracy in a 90 OR 120 minute film!

If one had TRUTHFULLY taken the time to read the huge book trilogy, one would realize that the movie trilogy is as close to the story as is possible in three 3hr. films.....meaning, there were still details that were left out! Plain and simple - if you have not read the books, do not have an imagination, and/or do not have the patience for an epic movie trilogy, then it is not likely that you will appreciate these films.

6. Movies & TV   -   #46
    Bringing down the house.....holy shit that was not funny and very boring

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345