Thread: Help Needed Please

zacspeed's Avatar Pheasant plucker
    I have just replaced a power supply on a friends pc, trouble is, I'm getting nothing through the monitor.
    The CPU fan is spinning, the mobo has a light on it, the HD spins up, the FDD & CD ROM appear to be functioning correctly. There are no bleeps coming from the BIOS, the lights on the keyboard flash once, then nothing.
    I dont know why the original power supply went bang, could this be something to do with the lack of image on screen? (yes, I have tried A N other graphics card).
    I can't think of any other info I can give to assist in the diagnosis of this problem. If anyone has any ideas, please tell me.
    Thanx
    Zac

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Ur probably gonna have to check the motherboard, ram and processor, when my power supply went with a bang it damaged the motherboard, everything else was fine, but it might be diferent for u. If u haven't got access to the parts u'd need to replace 1 part at a time (& find out for sure whats screwed) then u might have to take it into a shop and ask them to do it. They almost certainly won't do it for free, but shouldn't cost too much

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Thanks ilw, I was hoping that wouldn't be the case
    PS. Love ur sig.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    cheers

& yeah i know its a bummer when something big goes wrong

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    The guy whos 'puter it is keeps asking me why it would just go BANG, & I honestly can't tell him, he reckons it was able to get plenty of air circulation, so all I can assume it was a build up of dust
    Any ideas?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Yeah.. i was wondering.. does dust really have anything to do with a power supply going *Boom*?