Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barry Bonds indicted on perjury, obstruction charges

RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerry View Post
    I think they go after him because he is a lying, cheating, asshole, who broke the record. Fact.
    I think your wrong. They have to prove he's a liar and cheater.
    No Sir, you have to prove it to convict him, not to run his lying ass through the wringer.

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

I think your wrong. They have to prove he's a liar and cheater.
    No Sir, you have to prove it to convict him, not to run his lying ass through the wringer.
    No sir, you figure he's a liar and cheater as do I.

It could just as well be that he isn't.

It's hard for me to get in such an uproar when players have been using substances for edge long before steroids.

I don't think it's ok. However, I can't single out Bonds in the least. Mark McGwire was celebrated while he admitted using performance enhancers.

Mitchel report due out tomorrow at 2:30pm, btw.

3. Sports Club   -   #23
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Mitchell report in pdf!

it seems the MLB is one big fraud. Like in the thirties when gamblin made it corrupt.
    Bonds and others could easily skip drugtests cause they alway were told long time before when the test were done, and if they were on for one.

The following players were connected to steroids, either use or possession, in the report:
    Chad Allen, Mike Bell, Gary Bennett, Larry Bigbie, Ricky Bones, Kevin Brown, Ken Caminiti, Mark Carreon, Jason Christiansen, Howie Clark, Roger Clemens, Paxton Crawford, Jack Cust, Brendan Donnelly, Chris Donnels, Lenny Dykstra, Matt Franco, Ryan Franklin, Eric Gagne, Jason Grimsley, Jerry Hairston, Phil Hiatt, Matt Herges, Glenallen Hill, Todd Hundley, Ryan Jorgensen, Wally Joyner, Mike Judd, David Justice, Chuck Knoblauch, Tim Laker, Mike Lansing, Paul Lo Duca, Exavier "Nook" Logan, Josias Manzanillo, Cody McKay, Kent Mercker, Bart Miadich, Hal Morris, Daniel Naulty, Denny Neagle, Rafael Palmeiro, Jim Parque, Andy Pettitte, Adam Piatt, Todd Pratt, Stephen Randolph, Adam Riggs, Brian Roberts, F.P. Santangelo, David Segui, Mike Stanton, Ricky Stone, Miguel Tejada, Derrick Turnbow, Mo Vaughn, Ron Villone, Fernando Vina, Rondell White, Jeff Williams, Todd Williams, Kevin Young, Gregg Zaun

The following players were cited under "Alleged Internet Purchases of Performance Enhancing Substances By Players in Major League Baseball" in the report:
    Rick Ankiel, David Bell, Paul Byrd, Jose Canseco, Jay Gibbons, Troy Glaus, Jose Guillen, Darren Holmes, Gary Matthews Jr., John Rocker, Scott Schoeneweis, Ismael Valdez, Matt Williams, Steve Woodard.

Personally i think a lot of US sports is drenched with dope and steroids. See Marion Jones & Co in the Baco affaire.

In Europe we have the problems with dope in professional cycling (tour de france!) But at least that sport tests a lot and tries to ban dope use by excluding athletes for a long time and taking back the earned fees from the last year!

In Europe there was a big dope-use case in Spain, DR Fuentes.
    A list with over 300 athletes from different disciplines, strangly enough only the cyclists were published and punished?

It seems that honest sport is impossible when athletes can make (too) much money by being with the best in their sports. Sadly enough
    Last edited by jetje; 12-17-2007 at 05:51 PM.

4. Sports Club   -   #24
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I must remind everyone that the Mitchell Report is not hard evidence in the least.

However, there were some statements (accusations) that were verified by the players themselves.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Sports Club   -   #25
    WhiteWizard20's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Hank Aaron once said in an interview I saw that they didn't even know of the term "steroids" back in the day.
    Leaving FST for awhile. Will be active on 1 or 2 private trackers and will still use a seedbox. Thanks to all the members who helped me along the way.

6. Sports Club   -   #26
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWizard20 View Post
    Hank Aaron once said in an interview I saw that they didn't even know of the term "steroids" back in the day.
    They knew "greenies" though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123