Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utilizing my SCT Invite, a how thread

Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    So a friend of mine from another tracker, through the good graces of his heart, has given me a SCT invite that I would so love to use.

However, I'm having the big problem of actually using it. Obviously, they have a strict user limit and they say that user accounts are pruned all the time. I am wondering if there is some easier way of finding out when invites are open other than randomly clicking it every 30 minutes? Like, do they always prune accounts around a certain time or is there a site that has some sort of notification?

Also, will my invite go dead if I don't use it in time? It says it will be removed, but I would think that considering the randomness of actually being able to use it they would let you hold onto it for awhile.

Any answers welcome!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Fuck every 30 minutes. Do it every 2. All day long. You'll get in.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    punki_rach's Avatar El Chupanibre BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    It doesn't take long if you keep trying. And it will expire in a few days but you should be in by then

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I think that testing all time is called "hammering", and in a lot of trackers thatīs not allowed.
    Iīve read, I donīt know for sure, that they even can ban that IP if you are caught.

Most times trackers let know their users when signups are open, I doubt that this works like "you disabled... 1 left... come on the next".

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Yes it is hammering, everyone that I know that got invited to sct recently had to get in this way.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Swax's Avatar n00blet
    Disabled accounts are deleted by the system sporadically. Checking every 30mins is the only way to check for an open slot.

If you do not use the invite within 3 days it will become void, however the inviter will get it back and can simply mail it to you again.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Just keep the page up and refresh it every now and again. They get so much traffic they are not going to notice 1 person refreshing every few minutes, if they do then they need better servers

I was able to get in after about an hour or so of refreshing every 5-10 mins or so.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Maybe it was just me, but when I received my ScT invite I noticed that every 5-15 minutes into the hour, every hour, spot(s) became available. It was just an matter of beating the rush of other new users and getting all of your information in before they did, lol.

It took me about 2 days of this to get in, but through testing it that's what I found out. Call me crazy but... maybe there is a pattern? Lol. Good luck.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Adam1990's Avatar Layin down the law BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Just use Check4Change I got in within minutes.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    sexydingo's Avatar ☆Trance Addict☆ BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam1990 View Post
    Just use Check4Change I got in within minutes.
    Excellent addon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast