Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scammed out of UK-T

Cheeseman1208's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    About a month ago (yes, I waited that long to report it, since I didn't know where to until now) I bought a UK-T account for $30 (yes, I sunk that low) from what my friend said was a reliable source. So, we started to talk (he acted young-ish), and he gave proof of UK-T. I sent him the money, and he sent me the login info. The login info worked, and I was in. I changed the password, but noticed I couldn't change the email. I browsed around and checked out the forums. I logged out, and figured that it was best to email a staff member the next day. The next day, I couldn't login to the account. I asked him what the deal was, and he acted oddly. He said he didn't touch the account. I emailed a staff member about it, but I still haven't gotten a reply. If anyone can help me, I can provide the username of the account that was sold and stolen back, his email (the email on the account), AIM log records, Paypal records, and you can check my IP (I logged into the account around September 24th).

I'll be back in an hour or two to check my PMs.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    probably u(him) have been banned for selling tradeing accounts. and u should never pay for account anyway..and like u said u got scammed so there are slim chance to get your acc back..sorry

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Move on man, pay for accounts is sad, you learned your lesson

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ibnahmed's Avatar still employed BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    yeah, why not give the username here, u will have your account forever.

Left out

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    yoyogi4's Avatar Wanna see my BooBoo? BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by ibnahmed View Post
    yeah, why not give the username here, u will have your account forever.
    ///EDIT: I'm Back!! (Thanks for the headup !!)

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman1208 View Post
    About a month ago (yes, I waited that long to report it, since I didn't know where to until now) I bought a UK-T account for $30 (yes, I sunk that low) from what my friend said was a reliable source. So, we started to talk (he acted young-ish), and he gave proof of UK-T. I sent him the money, and he sent me the login info. The login info worked, and I was in. I changed the password, but noticed I couldn't change the email. I browsed around and checked out the forums. I logged out, and figured that it was best to email a staff member the next day. The next day, I couldn't login to the account. I asked him what the deal was, and he acted oddly. He said he didn't touch the account. I emailed a staff member about it, but I still haven't gotten a reply. If anyone can help me, I can provide the username of the account that was sold and stolen back, his email (the email on the account), AIM log records, Paypal records, and you can check my IP (I logged into the account around September 24th).

I'll be back in an hour or two to check my PMs.
    all i can say is you made a huge mistake. forget about uk-t, learn your lesson and never make this mistake again.

the only good thing about this is, at least you seem to be honest.

go and read something about private torrent sites and their rules before you want to become a member of another one.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    munkyboy04's Avatar Monkey Mafia BT Rep: +3
    Ello Cheeseman Fancy seeing you here? u the same cheeseman from IT or are they more of you?

Bad news man. I dont think you'll get your account back, sounds like its been disabled. Mods on trackers dont like any account swapping of any kind. They can tell you've done it when you change your password and email. They watch out for it A similar thing happened to me ,with an oink account a while back.I think the moral of the story is dont trade accounts. Since the oink fiasco that i had i wont do it. It sucks that you got ripped though.
    Last edited by munkyboy04; 11-16-2007 at 11:13 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Like others have said, you basically have a 0 - none chance of getting back that account. Essentially what you have done is broken a key private tracker rule which I am sure won't be looked at lightly.

It is really unfortunate that you u felt the need to pay for an account, the most I think that you should do is expose the person who cheated you.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    The account is gone, and if not completely at the moment, it will be forever very soon. Nothing good ever comes from purchased accounts.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    If you've done some research you would have noticed that theres no email changing in UK-T... Maybe you could have kept the account but since you PMd a mod/admin they found what happened and disabled the account. So maybe it was your fault it got disabled.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast