Thread: disk overload with leaseweb?

Mr Nice Guy BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    ok i have had plenty of seedboxes and had disk overload with them using uTorrent but i thought with leaseweb it wouldn't happen since all the hardware is better. anyway i been getting it and was just wondering if anyone else has experienced it using leaseweb and if they solved it.
    ps: i am using uT 1.6.1
    windows server
    160GB SATA
    Core 2 Duo T5500
    1 GB memory

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I know someone who solved it. He switched from windows to linux
    Just an option if you can't figure it out, as I have yet to see someone answer that question.
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ibnahmed's Avatar still employed BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i think it depends on the system locating space for the files

i am sure this will happen while u are less than 10% finished

it depends on the speed of the hard drive on your seedbox and the interface it has to the motherboard, sata is good but esata could solve the problem, the better your server the shorter the problem last.

if this is the case, even linux cant slove it.

Left out

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Mr Nice Guy BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I know someone who solved it. He switched from windows to linux
    Just an option if you can't figure it out, as I have yet to see someone answer that question.
    i believe u r right as i heard that a few times , just hoping someone did a fix on windows

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    You may find this link useful:
    http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=5116
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    i thought this was long since established as an easy fix. disk overload is really a buffer overload, so increasing the buffer size generally takes care of it.

steps: Preferences > Advanced > Disk Cache > check "Override automatic cache size and..." and set the size at something large (i use 500MB). the buffer writes directly to memory, AFAIK, so the only limit on its size really is the amount of RAM you have.

it depends on the speed of the hard drive on your seedbox and the interface it has to the motherboard, sata is good but esata could solve the problem, the better your server the shorter the problem last.
    ?? even an old PATA disk can likely sustain 30+ MB/s write, so unless you have a seedbox connection that is 300+ mbit (unlikely) and you have enough torrents with enough seeders running to reach that transfer rate, there's no way the hard drive speed has anything to do with this.

also, how would eSATA solve the problem vs. SATA?? they are the same interface except one is external.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    Increase the disk cache size

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    what koolyt and Fibre said. Increase it something like 32megs and your problem should relieve itself unless you are using an oc line server with an average constant down/up of over a gigabit/s, then you need to get into other things, but in the mean time I'm sure that isn't the situation.