Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Read-elite invite section

Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I am well aware of the ATG & VTG forums I was just giving you (Skizo) the opportunity to say that there are already other forums in place. Znik though has brought up a valid point, not only for here but in general in the bit torrent community, by the time you are a 'senior' member or recognised as being trusted you usually already have the invites that you wish anyway.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Living on the edge BT Rep: +4
    yeah that was a valid point of Znik bt invite section is good enough to get invites, there is no need to have a secret place to give ur invites,if u r considered trust able then u will get invite in bt invite section itself .

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by dave12 View Post
    yeah that was a valid point of Znik bt invite section is good enough to get invites, there is no need to have a secret place to give ur invites,if u r considered trust able then u will get invite in bt invite section itself .
    The Veterans section isn't about being a secret place, or the only place to obtain certain invites. It has longer term members that don't want the hassle of the Invite section spam and n00bs, nor the risk of trading or inviting members who are unknown and pose a higher risk.

It is also a Lounge style atmosphere where loose chat and non-bittorrent related topics are also posted.

A sort of sanctuary if you will for long-term, trusted traders.

yo

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    there's one good thing:

if you are not looking for invites and at the same time people don't ask you for invites, you can easily sort out who your real (online) friends are.

you can chill and discuss bittorrent topics without the whole invite thing spooking around in your head all the time.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    MrVictorRivers's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    While it may be true that once you reach a certain level you have all that you need. My concept and idea was to build a section:
    (1) For members that want to help out what they/we feel are trusted members, commited members
    (2)For a community and environment away from freeloaders and bloodsuckers
    (3) For new members that are not already apart of the good old boys network (that has proven obvious to exist)--> there shouldn't be this sort of secrecy and what not, where no body even knows the section even exists....Im not an ass kisser, not even on the internet, nor do I think one should have to kiss ass, entrance should be based upon merit and nothing more.

Inspite of the fact that several such sections exists....I dont know them to exist...and even so...they are secret...unless against rules/regulations of individuals at FST, I don't see why there cant be another.

I'm kinda charged up! Other members that are interested?

For starters: I will donate one level 9 invite, 2 level 8's, 2 level 7's, 3 level 6's and level 5's
    + anytime after school/work towards getting things started....

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    yoyogi4's Avatar Wanna see my BooBoo? BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Secret lounges or "Special" lounges tend to be inactive, I like the noobyness to laugh at, the drama to laugh at and the cheaters and scammers to pwn.

But znik and skizo pretty much summarized this thread, minus the getting trusted invites.
    ///EDIT: I'm Back!! (Thanks for the headup !!)

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    kostnkost's Avatar "Otay" BT Rep: +1
    I heard its kind of like the dead poets society

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVictorRivers View Post
    For new members that are not already apart of the good old boys network (that has proven obvious to exist)--> there shouldn't be this sort of secrecy and what not, where no body even knows the section even exists....
    What are you going on about? I already stated in my initial post that the sections aren't a secret.

The only reason the sections cannot be seen is to give the members a bit of discretion from the rest of the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by MrVictorRivers
    Im not an ass kisser, not even on the internet, nor do I think one should have to kiss ass, entrance should be based upon merit and nothing more.
    Where did all the ass kissing blather come about? Again, entrance is based on (and always has been) user recommendations. Users in the section get to know other users on the board and develop a rapport with one another. At any time, a member in those sections can initiate a poll which is voted on and discussed by the section to determine whether or not the member is admitted.

Quote Originally Posted by MrVictorRivers
    Inspite of the fact that several such sections exists....I dont know them to exist...and even so...they are secret...unless against rules/regulations of individuals at FST, I don't see why there cant be another.
    Why would we need another?

yo

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by znik View Post
    Hardly ever any invite is offered and even these are not even picked up, since these trusted senior members do not idle there to get invites, but rather to talk freely and safely without all these spammers in the their feet, know each other better and of course help each other if someone has a problem with something.
    sounds good, someone in there vouch for me!!!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    arkiebrian's Avatar Capitalist Pig BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    I don't see why you would need another section...sounds like it would end up being the same type of thing as the invites section we already have...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast