102 45.33%
  • What.cd

101 44.89%
  • Other (I'm retarded)

22 9.78%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: The poll version of Waffles vs What

Ænima's Avatar 2 in 1 BT Rep: +1
    This letter looks like a fake. Commentary in red.

Quote Originally Posted by scribble View Post
    Waffles because i got this:

Dear registered user of the site What.cd,

We have recently been investigating the activities of the users of the site http://www.what.cd/ and we have found that this site exists for the sole purpose of music piracy.
    <!-- Lie. Read what.cd's disclaimer. The site shifts full responsibility onto the users of the site, should they upload and share something copyrighted illegally. The site exists for filesharing, a legally neutral action. Not to mention the fact that the have categories from audio books and ebooks alone proves that this first sentence is false. The RIAA would know this. Absolutes are also very irrational, especially when stated in a formal letter that could be address by you potentially in the court of law.-->

Pirating music is a criminal offence and we believe it should be obvious to you that the results outweigh the benefits - hard working artists won't be rewarded for their work and will stop producing music,
    ultimately leading to a severely reduced selection of music both in the shops and for download.
    <!-- The RIAA does not need to display their rational of the law to you, a criminal. They do that in court. This is a superfluous paragraph, the topic of which I have never seen in any legitimate letter addressed to ThePirateBay. Please correct me if I am wrong, of course. -->

The RIAA <!-- So the RIAA is speaking in the third person, now? --> had hoped that the disabling by the police of the large illegal music site, Oink.cd, would stop a lot of people from engaging in piracy, as they don't want to be seen as criminals. However, this appears to not be the case, as two large new sites have sprung up in its place.

This email is the final warning to all of you who were members of Oink.cd and are current members of What.cd. If we find you to be committing any more criminal acts of piracy then we will have to press charges against you, as representatives of the major record companies of America.
    <!-- What else is new? Taking down the site person-by-person is a waste of money. The truth is that, since what.cd is in Sweden, the site is free from persecution - just like ThePirateBay. Also, why is this letter specifically address to former members of Oink, as if the RIAA has a personal vendetta against them. That may be true, but I doubt that it would be expressed in a formal letter.-->

Yours Faithfully, <!-- Faithfully? To whom? Certainly not scribbles, the recipient of this letter. Maybe to the musicians they represent? Why would a hostile threat letter end with "Yours Faithfully"? -->

The RIAA <!-- The Author of this letter is conveniently vague. If this were a formal letter, the acronym RIAA would be replaced by that which it abbreviates - for formality's sake. -->
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Ænima; 12-05-2007 at 11:15 PM. Reason: spelling

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ænima View Post
    This letter looks like a fake. Commentary in red.

We have recently been investigating the activities of the users of the site http://www.what.cd/ and we have found that this site exists for the sole purpose of music piracy.
    <!-- Lie. Read what.cd's disclaimer. The site shifts full responsibility onto the users of the site, should they upload and share something copyrighted illegally. The site exists for filesharing, a legally neutral action. Not to mention the fact that the have categories from audio books and ebooks alone proves that this first sentence is false. The RIAA would know this. Absolutes are also very irrational, especially when stated in a formal letter that could be address by you potentially in the court of law.-->

Pirating music is a criminal offence and we believe it should be obvious to you that the results outweigh the benefits - hard working artists won't be rewarded for their work and will stop producing music,
    ultimately leading to a severely reduced selection of music both in the shops and for download.
    <!-- The RIAA does not need to display their rational of the law to you, a criminal. They do that in court. This is a superfluous paragraph, the topic of which I have never seen in any legitimate letter addressed to ThePirateBay. Please correct me if I am wrong, of course. -->

The RIAA <!-- So the RIAA is speaking in the third person, now? --> had hoped that the disabling by the police of the large illegal music site, Oink.cd, would stop a lot of people from engaging in piracy, as they don't want to be seen as criminals. However, this appears to not be the case, as two large new sites have sprung up in its place.

This email is the final warning to all of you who were members of Oink.cd and are current members of What.cd. If we find you to be committing any more criminal acts of piracy then we will have to press charges against you, as representatives of the major record companies of America.
    <!-- What else is new? Taking down the site person-by-person is a waste of money. The truth is that, since what.cd is in Sweden, the site is free from persecution - just like ThePirateBay. Also, why is this letter specifically address to former members of Oink, as if the RIAA has a personal vendetta against them. That may be true, but I doubt that it would be expressed in a formal letter.-->

Yours Faithfully, <!-- Faithfully? To whom? Certainly not scribbles, the recipient of this letter. Maybe to the musicians they represent? Why would a hostile threat letter end with "Yours Faithfully"? -->

The RIAA <!-- The Author of this letter is conveniently vague. If this were a formal letter, the acronym RIAA would be replaced by that which it abbreviates - for formality's sake. -->
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

That letter is fake, and you can read info about this from the staff on the news page.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Ænima's Avatar 2 in 1 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by danio View Post
    That letter is fake, and you can read info about this from the staff on the news page.
    Can you provide a link? Haha I found it.
    Last edited by Ænima; 12-06-2007 at 12:05 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Hanz™'s Avatar making the world go BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post

Spoiler: Show
    YOU CANNOT DONATE FOR INVITES AT WAFFLES.
    Anybody that says you can is lying, and I would know!

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Hazardous's Avatar Material
    waffles

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2

charges against you, as representatives of the major record companies of
    America.

Yours Faithfully,

The RIAA
    Nice so you judge a site based on a email you get instead of the content and speeds...

Someone invite me to fsc please

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    foxsta's Avatar 40 ekklhsies BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    i support what.cd

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Poster
    why waffel vs what i think when u use both than u get the best results

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    although i have only What.cd (i am searching for a waffles invite ) i voted for waffles

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I have what.cd so I voted for what.
    HT

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast