Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "Let's talk seedboxes/donvitos countdown" thread.

donvito's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    EDIT:

WOOHOO! Finally, I got it.

I have some of questions though.

1.) Is there a way to transfer back and forth between the server and my home computer, that doesn't count against B/W usage.

2.) What is a good ftp server for windows?

3.) Can I just install a torrent client or do I need to do anything besides disable TCP/IP Filtering?

4.) Do they allow Peerguardian and/or Relakks?

Thanks for your help.

donvito

Last edited by donvito; 11-16-2007 at 10:05 PM. Reason: title and first post

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Wow 6 days to get it setup?
    Mine took less than 24hours and I used PayPal.

Wishing for a FTN or SCC invite

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Mr Nice Guy BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    u will get the login in the morning, it won't happen until there morning hrs

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    IF its windows its just like a normal computer. Access through remote desktop, install utorrent, webui if you want, set up rss (follow guides on the trackers) and do what you want, not that hard...

If its linux or any other OS, a little bit of differences through putty and shit but still the same story
    eee

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Wow 6 days to get it setup?
    Mine took less than 24hours and I used PayPal.
    i had to transfer money from my bank, and maybe they are slow..? idk ha

u will get the login in the morning, it won't happen until there morning hrs
    that's what i had figured.

IF its windows its just like a normal computer. Access through remote desktop, install utorrent, webui if you want, set up rss (follow guides on the trackers) and do what you want, not that hard...
    it is windows, and the only reason i did that, is because i might split it with a friend who isn't too keen on linux... but, yea i agree, it will be SIMPLE.

I've seen screens of LW speeds, but what can I expect, and what are the best hours (if any) to use it?

Also, I posted a thread a week agoish, in the Software forum, but is there a way to monitor bandwidth usage with Windows Server 2003, or do I need a tool like DU Meter?

thanks,
    donvito

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Just watch your bandwidth on LW, very easy to eat it up within the first week at LW.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Just watch your bandwidth on LW, very easy to eat it up within the first week at LW.
    1.that tells me the speeds are good
    2. so is there a control panel on the site with a bandwidth "meter"?

thanks donvito

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by donvito View Post

thanks donvito
    yeah, there is one actually, but it updates every 24 hour only which isn't the best thing, vectoral seedbox updates every hour, way to go!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    horiZen's Avatar >>SSL ENCRYPTED<<
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by donvito View Post

thanks donvito
    yeah, there is one actually, but it updates every 24 hour only which isn't the best thing, vectoral seedbox updates every hour, way to go!
    yep,,hourly updates on vectoral setup is def the way ;>
    was chatting with a friend who had access to one and was clearly impressed

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    I ordered my Vecotral server about a week ago and the graphs aren't updated. How long does it take to get in sync with my server?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast