Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now people...THIS is SCARY! BRIEN at it again.... going after some decent trackers

I just read this on Afterdawn....

The infamous Dutch anti-piracy group BREIN has now gotten the web host LeaseWeb to take down several more torrent trackers, and this time the names are very recognizable.

For those interested in what sites are hosted by LeaseWeb, here is a list, with some very noticeable names. btjunkie.org, seedpeer.com, torrentleech.org, mybittorrent.com, btmon.com, sumotorrent.com, what.CD, waffles.fm, hdbits.org, bitenova.nl, torrentportal.com, monova.org, not to mention dozens more smaller sites.

TORRENT LEECH? WHAT.CD? WAFFLES .FM? BTJUNKIE.ORG???

WOW!

I hope these miserable idiots are stopped soon!!

Here is the link if anyone is interested...

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/11879.cfm

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    old news...
    any company in that country is going to obey to any court order thrown at them. leaseweb is a very good hosting company. they host a lot of topsites too and i've never seen an order for those to be taken down like the bt sites.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Torrentleech has got to be on the top of some of those lists.

yo

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Ghost+Rider's Avatar Trading=Sux BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Lol If tl is down there will be a new tl as we see waffles replacing oink
    The police can't do anything else of getting a few raids outta their arse
    Helpless bitches
    Live as totally and as passionately as possible,because it is through intense living that you will find the divine.The divine is nothing but the life lived at optimum,with total abandon,a dance danced so totally that the dancer disappears;only the dance remains.Then u have found and u have come home.

Pls don't make trackers your dream/ambition,There is much more to do in your life!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Vidde's Avatar Wubalicious <3 BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    It would've been really, really, REALLY ironic if Waffles got shut down.. Like 2-3 weeks uptime, shortest tracker ever ^^

TL gotta be their n1 target, _if_ they're going after them at all.. I think they got what they wanted when they shut down OiNK; to scare the hell out of everyone.

It works (sadly) for some, but don't buy all this. If you're really paranoid, just rent a seedbox to hide your IP from leeching, for instance..

Cheers, mates

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Hydra survives...cant beat it.
    A malis vituperari laus est.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    SaviouR's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Not TL and the 2 best music trackers . Hope these sites use their extra "rainy day" donations they have and settle the stuff off the court . No doubt Oink raid was shocking , but strictly speaking , Oink was still only a music tracker , u could atleast get scene mp3s from other trackers or from limewire / emule / web . but if TL closes , its probably the best 0-day source (which includes absolute everything including music) for so many ppl out there who dont have the luxury of other 0-day sites .
    Last edited by SaviouR; 11-19-2007 at 11:17 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    from FAQ

TorrentLeech.org is using 14 dedicated servers in the Netherlands. For the moment we have monthly running costs of approximately 6000 euros/month
    14 dedicated leaseweb servers ?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I also have a feeling that TL is the next target. TL is the next site with the most traffic and number of users, similar to OiNK. But I really hope that TL doesn't suffer the same fate as OiNK did.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    TL + Best HD Tracker + Top Music Trackers

These guys want to kill us

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast