Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Apple Mac ??

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelSea View Post
    hey m8s

can i install Mac os in my Pc or it need Some other PC's

i now use Vista Os

can i ??
    i must have answered this question a hundred times in different forums.

so let me just put it in a nutshell:

yes you can - but it will not run properly.

you can take a look at it, but you can't work with it.

i could give you a detailed explanation why, but i'm too lazy.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    PB I had it working fine both times I did it. I was able to connect to the internet and check my email also use Quicktime and watch video. The only thing I had minor trouble with was that there was a high failure rate when trying to Burn a DVD like 1 out of 5 actually worked instead of becoming a coaster.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    You can edit kexts; use a different kernel each update and patch and hack your way into a working and stable machine. But you'll have to do it time and time again with each update and security patch that apple releases. Even with the new efi tools updating can be dangerous for you main machine. And some applications; such as vmware, parallels and cider; or even itunes or camino can make your hackintosh crash. When you reboot you could be greeted with a non-functional kernel. Or you could have some kext that's wreaking havoc on your machine.

It's not fun to have to go through all your system caches and kext folders in order to get your machine to boot again while you should be getting real work done.

My advice is to save a little more and buy the real thing.
    the fact that mac os runs faster on an apple is clear and understandable. mac osx is implemented perfectly in the known hardware. as well as the software that was coded for it (yes, even the good old photoshop).

windows on the other hand carries a lot of garbage in the kernel. if the sympathic market leader from sunny redmond got rid of this trash in the kernel, everyone would start to cry, because their stone-age hardware and periphery wouldn't be usable anymore.

the linux kernel has a smarter and more moderate solution.

if you want to use it on a pc - fine. but don't you dare poting here how slow mac osx is
    I used to use my hack often, but now I own a macbook and love it. No worries about getting a new release for updates or if my machine will work later.
    you need to check your mobo, sound card, ethernet card, sata, gfx card, and so on. if you have ethernet or sata that needs specialized drivers downloaded separately that is not on the hacked osx cd image then i highly recommend you put them into the cd image before you burn, especially sata since doing so is required to install. also, i recommend having a seperate hdd for this and not just an open partition. it saves steps and issues with boot loaders and such.
    Laptops aren't quite as forgiving as desktops for one simple reason, no ability to swap out hardware. Many wifi chipsets, especially from the Pentium-M generation of hardware just plain aren't compatible with Hackintosh OS X, and some of those laptops lack the PCMCIA slot. Read on the OS X86 project but I opted never to install OS X on my laptop since wifi on my Dell 700m would have been broken at best. There may be some hardware that runs OS X well but now that I have a MacBook I can't say I'm out to test it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd-zs...eature=related

i could go on and on and post hundreds of quotes with hackintosh users reporting bugs, having trouble with this and that, reporting non functional and slow elements.

i saw mac os x running on a new pc at a friends place.

he's real good and knows all his hardware parts.

even on a 5 year old mac it will run much faster. the speed was ridiculous.

so again it will run in a sort of buggy demo mode. but it has nothing to do with a real mac os.

if you want mac os x running perfectly, stable and ultra fast. if you want vista to run faster than on a pc, buy a mac.

p.s. why am i discussing with you anyway. you already stated that you do not like macs. so there's no need for you to run os x or buy a computer that costs 10 times as much as a pc

p.p.s. youtube is full of videos where people take a camera and film their hackintosh. the os seems to be popular amongst pc users :-)
    Last edited by Polarbear; 01-24-2008 at 12:24 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123