Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Different Gforce Fx's

can I curse? FUCK!
    There are several different GForce Fx5200 made by different manufacturers.. but what i want to know is.. is there any difference in performance and etc..? and if not, why are the prices all different?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    some offer different things for instance some will have digital video outputs (to support lcd monitors) or tv out etc.
    Also there is the 5200 and the 5200 Ultra and there is quite a big performance difference between them, i think its either to do with no. of pipelines or Bus frequency (i can't remember which)
    But if u get 2 identical cards (in terms of features offered and in terms of memory, bus frequency) then there should be negligible performance difference between them, geforce and ati both monitor manufacturers closely so that they don't get a bad reputation

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Ok.. tell me if this is a good setup (i dont know that much info. about parts yet.. so bear with me please)
    Asus a7n8x Deluxe FSB400 - US $135
    amd XP2400+ (2ghz) - US$95
    512 DDR ram pc2700 333mhz - US $70
    MSI or MIS (Forgot) GForce fx5200 - US $85

I guess thats all.. oh and tell me if the parts are worth my money please.. Thanks!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    You can save a lot of money on those things by finding them on Pricewatch .

I got a Chaintech Geforce FX 5200 for $63.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Well i dont reallly like to order things online, i just dont trust people i havent seen.. Well any opinions on that setup?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I think the 2400 only has a 266 front side bus, u should try and get a 2600 XP thoroughbred or a 2500 XP Barton (both with 333 Mhz Front side bus).

About hte prices, I'm not from america so i'm not sure, but i think u should be able to get a bit cheaper than that if u shop around. (tho probably not too much). I'm sure there are sites on the internet where u can compare prices, but i don't know any american ones

Edit: Apart from the processor, thats some very nice kit

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Buy ordering online, you'll save yourself almost 100 bucks, thus allowing you to get a better video card. Good setup, although I think you should go for the TI4200 instead of the FX 5200.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I don't reckon as much as 100bucks, more like 30-50

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    With the setup he's got there, he'll save $103 by ordering on Pricewatch, shipping included!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Originally posted by ilw@20 July 2003 - 18:57
    I think the 2400 only has a 266 front side bus, u should try and get a 2600 XP thoroughbred or a 2500 XP Barton (both with 333 Mhz Front side bus).

About hte prices, I'm not from america so i'm not sure, but i think u should be able to get a bit cheaper than that if u shop around. (tho probably not too much). I'm sure there are sites on the internet where u can compare prices, but i don't know any american ones

Edit: Apart from the processor, thats some very nice kit
    Er.. the xp2600 is 120 bucks.. and xp2400 is 95.. thats a big price gap to me =\

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast