Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: to all roadrunners newsgrouppers clients

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlon64 View Post
    Your not alone guys. I've been having shity speeds all this week and last week. The best I can get is 200kbps. Only times I'm able to pull 10mpbs is around 2-3 am based on my logs. All of LA is basically screwed right now. I already called and complained and was given a month free. I suggest everyone try to do the same because this isn't the first time and it's really getting ridiculous.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r192...peeds-In-SoCal
    The good news there is if they offered a month free, they aren't throttling.

I haven't tested my RR in some time. I'll try it out tomorrow when there's something to download.

yo

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Athlon64's Avatar Newsgroup Bot
    I really sold it though, after two weeks I just had enough. I WAS PISSED!

This isn't even about just newsgroup downloading, it's basically almost all of SoCal that are having speed issues in general.

edit: RR doesn't seem to throttle, which makes me happy. I've download 500GB+ for about 5 straight months and speeds remained the same and I never got a phone call or service cut.
    Last edited by Athlon64; 11-21-2007 at 06:58 AM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    n18's Avatar Death God
    Quote Originally Posted by marcolisi View Post
    hi n18,
    u said that:

downloading @ 950kb/s but it lets me download 5 articles @ a time ( note: its different than connections)

what do u mean??
    How can I setup 5 articles @ a time ?
    and
    how many connection do u use??

thank u so much
    Well my only experiances are with grabit and altbinz, in grabit it opens up connections and downloads different files using these connections, like connection (a) will download file (1) and connection (b) will download file (2). But in altbinz it downloadoads pieces of one file ( articles) at the same time, so you'd be downloading 5 (articles) from the same file.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Hi n18,
    me too I use alt.binz.
    I set up in servers
    news-server.nyc.rr.com
    5 numbers of connections
    port 119
    no usern and no passw

So as u said Alt.binz download automatically 5 articles from thye same file.

How is it possiblke that u do not have connection problem ??
    In NY area , I can have just 4 working connections...
    thank u

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    While I have RoadRunner crew in here, is it possible for me to access RoadRunner's newsgroups from my university's internet connection? They ban torrents so if i could use my parents' RR newsgroups it would be a godsend.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by lovingcheese01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crunchy View Post
    While I have RoadRunner crew in here, is it possible for me to access RoadRunner's newsgroups from my university's internet connection? They ban torrents so if i could use my parents' RR newsgroups it would be a godsend.
    why dont u just try?
    I did, now that I'm back at my University. It didn't work initially, but perhaps someone knows a way to do it?

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    LinkS v2.0's Avatar LinkS BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    roadrunner goes by ipaddress
    Mr Angry

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    I can only use 4 connections now too. Speeds aren't suffering too much as I only used about 6-7 connections anyway; I get around 500-1300kb/s speeds depending on what time of day it is

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    hi guys, today is ipossible to download....I can have just 1-2 connections at 100 kbps speed in total
    Anyone know what is going on??
    thank u

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    I'm on 4 connections right now and the speed is around 400. I also noticed that the retention time is now awful. I'm attempting to download a file that's 29 days old and having problems when I remember I could download files that used to be 85-110 days old.

Hopefully these are just temporary problems and not permanent ones

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast