Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transformers.2007.1080p.HDDVD.x264-SZ

Poster BT Rep: +3
    Will go for it next time, already i have 7 gb d/led in this one.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    i actually personally did a pixel-for-pixel comparison of the screens from this and the 720p iLL, and they have the same level of detail as far as i can tell (but the iLL is half the size). so if u have access to that, i recommend it

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrststyle View Post
    i think u can find it on iPLAY..i'm not sure

yup..i just looked and iPLAY has it ..so ..good luck if u have iPLAY
    on iPLAY there's Transformers.2007.HDDVD.1080p.DTS.OAR.ROsubbed-iPLAY made by a member not the SZ one
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    SZ is BiT-HDTV group so should only appear there in theory

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by koolyt View Post
    i actually personally did a pixel-for-pixel comparison of the screens from this and the 720p iLL, and they have the same level of detail as far as i can tell (but the iLL is half the size). so if u have access to that, i recommend it
    Then it's obvious that your screen doesn't display 1080i.

Try viewing each one on a TV that displays 1080i and then tell me they're the same.

yo

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Then it's obvious that your screen doesn't display 1080i.

Try viewing each one on a TV that displays 1080i and then tell me they're the same.
    i have a Dell 3007WFP : )

of course, maybe my eye is not as trained or sensitive as someone else's, but i took screenshots from the exact same moment in both encodes, and resized the 720p iLL screenshot so it was the same size as the SZ 1080p screenshot, and did the comparison. so both screenshots were being displayed at 1080p resolution. i saw the same amount of detail.

i did not grab the SZ, so i can't do a video-to-video comparison, which would be the most accurate, so i may be mistaken. but even if the SZ has more detail, there's NO way it has enough to justify being twice the size IMO. thus, i recommend the iLL.

edit: okay here they are

~12GB 1080p SZ: http://www.imagebam.com/image/b5a771622733
    ~6.5GB 720p iLL: http://nwgat.net/woot/files/21/transformers/8.png

obviously the resolutions are different. if you want to do it the way i did it, save the images and upsize the 720p so its the same size as the SZ and then compare. her head is turned a different way in the two screens, but look at the areas of the screen that didn't change. for example, the sunlit area of her left shoulder. here, there may be an every so slight advantage in detail in the SZ, but the iLL details are crisper, so i prefer the iLL image.

iLL also has the customary balanced, natural tones throughout the movie, which is also an advantage. anyway, these are just screens, but i think you can see what i'm getting at, considering the file size difference. usually its 1080p 4 me, but i made an exception here : )
    Last edited by koolyt; 11-22-2007 at 03:44 AM. Reason: added screens

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    skizo you mean p not i right? this can be argued but 720p is higher quality then 1080i. you mean 1080p right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12