Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racing strategies on a seedbox

What are your general racing strategies on a seedbox to transfer from one faster bittorrent tracker to another? Do you use custom scripts or just the general RSS Downloader for your particular client with the 5 minute update intervals (BTW, is there any client that has shorter time intervals)? Also, is anyone using an automated method of racing other than RSS downloading?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Good thread bro

What am i doing for some sites like bitmetv is just using RSS with Utorrent. I am able to achieve a 5.3 ratio on that site using RSS so its working well.

Let's see any other ideas. I wanted to know if you could use a script on mirc to auto download on utorrent, i've heard of people doing that but no clue on anything.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Bad Blue Boy's Avatar I love Dinamo zagreb BT Rep: +2
    i dont use rss i like to race to add it first..taht way i have more fun doing it
    i love IC ...we are a great community and i hope that we will be even greater ..

Never trade its just not right,and collecting trackers is not ok to...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    why don't you start your own groups and compete with each other?

what a waste of time.

and yes there are scripts for irc. then you can be the fastes of them all :gey:

question: how much do you watch of the stuff you download?
    Last edited by Polarbear; 11-21-2007 at 06:31 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    chillincool's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post

what a waste of time.

Do you even understand what he's asking? He's asking if theres an automated way to download stuff from 1 tracker and upload it on another tracker. It's a pretty gay thing to do.
    "They were cheap masks locked on festering thoughts--voices gabbling to drown out the loud silence in every breast."

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by chillincool View Post

what a waste of time.

Do you even understand what he's asking?
    yes i do and tracker racing is for n00bs

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    tusks's Avatar ¯\(°_o)/¯ BT Rep: +1
    FXP races are where its at

8. BitTorrent   -   #8

what a waste of time.

Do you even understand what he's asking? He's asking if theres an automated way to download stuff from 1 tracker and upload it on another tracker. It's a pretty gay thing to do.
    Why is it gay? You prefer to waste your time doing it the manual way because you feel sort of pride in doing so and it's how everyone else does it? Give me a break. I'm assuming you download with the help of RSS, right? You'd probably say that method was gay as well, if it wasn't as popular as it is now.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by unilever View Post
    Why is it gay? You prefer to waste your time doing it the manual way because you feel sort of pride in doing so and it's how everyone else does it? Give me a break. I'm assuming you download with the help of RSS, right? You'd probably say that method was gay as well, if it wasn't as popular as it is now.
    you are funny.

i reached a certain level where i don't have to make up my mind about those things anymore.

i don't need to buffer accounts with seedboxes, irc prechannel scripts,tracker racing or rss feed downloading anymore.

i just downlad the warez i want and seed them back to a reasonable ratio.

but most importantly: i enjoy my warez. i watch movies and i listen to music. i enjoy hanging around in tracker forums.

you are just transfering data, no matter what. content doesn't bother you as long as you can raise your ratio with it.

you will understand me, if you have all you need.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 11-21-2007 at 10:03 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    i hate to break it to you but there is a reason racing groups exist.

yes. automate from irc and automate a queue for the .torrent files from other trackers via irc to be loaded up once the download finishes from one tracker.

the hardest step and final part is to get it setup properly where it will seed properly when two trackers have different info. usually the .nfo files are different so 1 chunk (or whatever it is called) is off. setting it to have .nfo and .nfo(2) without redownloading the entire rls can be a bit of a pain depending on how you're setup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast