Thread: Watching Dvds From Different Regions

i am using power dvd but it only lets me watch DVDs from region 1. I heard there is software that allows a DVD drive to play Movies from any region...can someone hook me up w/this kind of software.

preach

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    To change region settings for DVD drives
    Open Device Manager.
    Double-click DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the DVD drive for which you want to change region settings, and then click Properties.
    On the DVD Region tab, make the appropriate changes.

Warning:The region settings can be changed only a limited number of times. When Changes remaining equals 1, and you select a new region, an alert will be displayed warning you that after this, you will only be able to play DVDs from that region. Be aware that you might not be able to change the region setting for some DVD hardware and software decoders.

Source

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    You could use DVDidle pro. I found mine on a BT site. It does exactly what you need and then some

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    chalkmongoose
    Or you could use DVD Region free, which is much easier to find. Just PM me (warez site cannot be posted), and I'll send you a link to an FTP server that has it. You'll get the program in about five minutes, depending on your connection, and then I'll send you the SN.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by andrewpoy@20 July 2003 - 19:28
    i am using power dvd but it only lets me watch DVDs from region 1. I heard there is software that allows a DVD drive to play Movies from any region...can someone hook me up w/this kind of software.

preach
    PowerDVD Tweaker Pro v1.0

PowerDVD Tweaker Pro is a tool designed to allow region free dvd playback on your PC, and to control PowerDVD to allow for maximum playback pleasure. The full feature list is shown below.

- Automatic Region Detection and setting on DVD Insertion. (Read the region free guide for more info)
    - Accurate Aspect Ratio Control (Window Size and Position)
    - Ability to disable annoying DVD Autorun programs like PC Friendly and others.
    - Aspect Ratio preset saving and loading.
    - Overscan Compensation.
    - Blanking support (Custom and Automatic)
    - Custom blanking preset saving and loading

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    forgot this

DVD X Player is the first region free/code free software DVD player in the world. Through this player you can play all region DVD on all DVD drives even if you have changed the region code 5 times. You needn't hack DVD drive (flash firmware) which is very dangerous.

Key Features
    -------------------
    - Region free/ Code free/ Zone free - RPC2/RCE Region Free - You can watch ALL DVD movies from ALL regions(1 thru 6) without changing the region code.
    - Macrovision-free. You can view DVDs through your TV-out device without obstruction or distortion.
    - Operation-free. You can skip the FBI warnning easily.
    - Superior audio and video playing quality
    - Supports Dolby Digital 5.1(AC-3), Dolby Surround, multi-channel decoding up to 7.1 channels
    - Supports Digital Theater System (DTS), Dolby AC-3 through S/PDIF
    - Supports DVD-Video, VCD/SVCD and other media formats
    - Bookmark Manager, Auto-Resume Play, Image capture, Parental Control, Region code setting
    - Supports full resolution video playback at 720x480 for NTSC and 720x576 for PAL
    - Supports Wide screen (video for 16:9 display)
    - Full optimized for INTEL MMX, SSE, SSE2 and AMD 3DNOW, 3DNOW PRO instruction sets

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    thanx for the replies but where can me get some of dese softs? can anyone hook me up wit a hash or somethin?