Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Isn't it just a matter of time till RapidShare get's sued?

plap's Avatar Poster
    Got a premium account a few days ago and I have to say it is awesome. Much better then BT, even private trackers.

But how come they are still around all this time? They claim they are not responsible for any copyright violation since they are merely hosting the files, the users are the ones uploading them. Napster lost a court case using a similar defense.

How long do you think they will last? It seems almost certain they will get sued, so what is their incentive to keep growing?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    DyNast's Avatar What's My Age Again? BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Depends who owns rapidshare I guess...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    $SnoopDo2G$'s Avatar Don Doggy BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    They've got the money in their pockets don't worry, they are the best,
    they can't get sued, because they are not responsible for what people upload and download, and their site/servers is totally legit and they do remove your files when people/MPAA-RIAA snitches on links...
    And you can't compare them with napster...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopdo2g View Post
    They've got the money in their pockets don't worry, they are the best,
    they can't get sued, because they are not responsible for what people upload and download, and their site/servers is totally legit and they do remove your files when people/MPAA-RIAA snitches on links...
    And you can't compare them with napster...
    that statement above doesn't mean the riaa can't sue them in fact not suprised they are on to shutting them down , they are no different from other sharing networks such as usenet and bit torrent .

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    plap's Avatar Poster
    BitTorrent will be much more difficult to sue since none of the tracker sites are actually hosting the files.

This is not true for Usenet and RapidShare. I give RS six months tops before they will be all over them .

I could just be pessimistic as usual though.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Rapidshare are no different to any other webhost. If they comply with take down requests nothing will happen.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    they usually remove the files that are complained about, then users can still upload them under a different name though
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Aaxel21's Avatar AHHHHH!
    Yes I believe they will get sued if they draw to much attention the RIAA or similar will get pissed off because the music industrie is looseing a couple bucs here and there. The RIAA has great political influence and they are able to bend the copyright laws in there favor. Trust me they will find a way.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    RS is up since more than 3yrs..

Besides... Its just a file hosting service like Yousendit or Mediashare.. etc..

There is no way it can shut down...i am damn sure abt that..
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    $SnoopDo2G$'s Avatar Don Doggy BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Saroman View Post
    RS is up since more than 3yrs..

Besides... Its just a file hosting service like Yousendit or Mediashare.. etc..

There is no way it can shut down...i am damn sure abt that..
    Yeah and they got the $$$$$$$$$

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast