Thread: Which software???

mrbon
    hi,

I just downloaded a movie via bitcomet and it has come in 53 different files none of which are recognised by vista it seems, there is 1 nfo file which i cant open, a zip file, a sfv file and 53 other files all named the same but with r00-r47 on the end of the file name?

Ideally i want to burn this to dvd...

Help!
    Last edited by mrbon; 11-23-2007 at 01:09 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    You would just uncompressed one of the files , the nfo file you can open with note pad or use this program called DamnNfo viewer .

DamnNFO : http://www.filesharingplace.com/down...nfo_viewer.php

I feel your pain as I get frustrated too with the different compression tools that uploaders use , but winrar seems to open most movies I get and the nfo file is very important as it may contain a serial key or instructions to burn depending if its a game or software .
    Last edited by peat moss; 11-23-2007 at 02:22 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    it may be hjsplit file ,double click on r01 file ,choose program from list -choose winrar and extract to any folder.
    also hjsplit files can be extracted with 7zip and hjsplit -it is freeware - http://www.freebytesoftware.com/download/hjsplit.zip
    download hksfv (freeware) and check file integrity with sfv file if it does'nt work
    to burn image- "image burn" (freeware) is the best or use powerISO or nero
    Last edited by shijo; 11-23-2007 at 05:13 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    As far as I can guess, they are WinRAR archives. Install WinRAR and open the file with extension .r00 and extract it.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Why don't we just point you to Afterdawn.com ? As then you'll ask, how do I convert my magical movie files ? Or how do you guy's burn them ?

Its not really that complicated just a wee bit of reading . Seems hard at first but soooo easy after learning what tools are required . Its your first post so welcome and good luck Mrbon , shaken or stirred ?

Afterdawn link : http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/
    Last edited by peat moss; 11-23-2007 at 06:17 AM. Reason: I felt like it

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    v0thanhtam's Avatar Mr. & Mrs. Vő
    1. Use WinRAR to extract out the compressed files.
    2. Nero to burn the content.