Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: account trading ! why com rep's hates it

if one doesnt want to use a particular tracker whats wrong in letting someone else use it ? someone who is more active ?

i know they hate it because it is some sort of security issue .
    but how many trackers have got shut down due to account trading ?

not even one i guess . if some anti piracy agency wants to shut down a site do you think they depend on some traded accounts ?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    [-_-] BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Who said com reps hate it ? maybe most are just following the rules set to them by the trackers they

A)Staff
    B)Help

besides, why get an account somewhere if you are nvr gonna use it ? just dont join simple.
    Last edited by celtic; 11-23-2007 at 08:06 AM. Reason: typo

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    if you are having a party and invite your friend. you open the door and a stranger is standing there ready to crash your party. he tells you he comes on behalf of your friend.

-what would you think of your friend?
    -would you let the stranger in?

i don't think you will understand this example, because your question isn't one of the smartest i read today.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    if you are having a party and invite your friend. you open the door and a stranger is standing there ready to crash your party. he tells you he comes on behalf of your friend.

i don't think you will understand this example, because your question isn't one of the smartest i read today.
    +1

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

You could give out an account with a huge buffer to someone,
    and if they have a huge amount of upload credit,
    they could just hit and run.
    Thus, bringing the site quality down.

More often than not you get the account banned,
    sometimes the original unsuspecting inviter gets banned,
    or gets their invites taken away.
    And then someone innocent gets banned for being generous.

I think anyone who joins a tracker should have to check the little terms box... I think generally those people are more trusted. I think those people are more likely to read the rules and FAQs and overall be a better member.

One thing I never understood,
    Why do people giving away account ever ask for ratio proofs? What makes you think they actually seeded the good ratios themself.. maybe it's just someone else's buffered account that they received...

I think if anyone is a good enough person to be a member of the sites, they should be able to get invited.

If you want to be helpful, get your account deleted if you don't use it, and open up a spot for someone who will be a good member and earn their invite just like you did.

(By the way, I'm not trying to put everyone who does this sort of thing in a stereotype, but I'm just mentioning reasons why this is looked down upon by people who look down on it.)

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    GoLDeN's Avatar Black'n'White BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50

great example indeed
    When You Trade You Don't Only Risk Your Account And The Site Security But You Show A Great DisRespects To The Site Staff And Members
    Screw Traders

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    oh i think im guilty of this one, i just gave my account to someone else with a buffer, hope he is a good member now i realise some what of the aftermaths
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7

why are you comparing real life situations to the internet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post

+1

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

You could give out an account with a huge buffer to someone,
    and if they have a huge amount of upload credit,
    they could just hit and run.
    Thus, bringing the site quality down.
    well , the user must have worked hard to build a buffer in the first place , seeding 24/7 . so there in nothing wrong in leeching some without worrying about ratios .

i was talking about giving an account to someone who will be more active in terms of seeding/leeching / community .

Quote Originally Posted by celtic View Post

besides, why get an account somewhere if you are nvr gonna use it ? just dont join simple.
    what if i found a better site after i joined the site

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    he was simply providing an example that people can relate to, so its easier to comprehend the situation
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    SiNa's Avatar Lucid Dreaming BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55

here you know your friend, but in trackers you think the staff have a close bond between each member? so it doesnt matter to them, as long as they are good members.

anyways i once talked to one staff and they said the reason is that the other person is stealing your ratio. thats just a stupid answer
    Last edited by SiNa; 11-23-2007 at 09:08 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    When it comes down to it,
    I personally would be pissed if I invited someone to a site and they gave the account away to someone else.
    I know other people would, too.
    It's not really your choice, it's you inviter's choice as to who gets their invite.
    If the other person would be such a good member then they'd have no problem getting their own invite. If you think they're that great, invite them yourself, then you can be responsible for them and you're not throwing them on someone else.

I don't think this is a situation where opposite points of view are ever gonna see eye to eye, but I think everyone should respect the rules of the sites they use.

For me, I like filling out the signup form, I like having my own username on all my sites, I like being fully responsible for my uploading/downloading, and I like knowing my account is safe.

And just another point of view, what if you're a member of a tracker, you give it away because you find a better one, and then the account gets banned? And then, a few months later that tracker you thought was crap gets some new amazing feature, or the site you thought was better gets shut down, and you want back in the original... now your IP is banned. You could try to get in again some way, but it's very possible you'll just get banned again, and then that inviter will probably get in trouble, most likely banned, too.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast